• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailgear---vs---Marlin Crawler

I say Marlin, it's like asking "what's better, longfields or dirty 30's?" LONGFIELDS OF COURSE!!!! MARLIN of course. TG is great nothing bad to say about it, they make quality parts, but I love to show support for the little guy.:stirpot:

Both are good for many reasons. If I had to pick 1 it would be TG. Marlin Crawler has THE best customer service. I hate TG's customer service with a passion. However, their products are less $ and expand over a wider range...Lol and not to mention most of the stuff comes from the same manufacturer anyways. :rolleyes:

Now I feel like a dork. I took that way too seriously:;

who's been around longer?

i don't deal with either personnaly, but i do know marlin makes good stuff.

if it was a toygear box your after, i'd look towards jim at inchworm.

who's been around longer?

i don't deal with either personnaly, but i do know marlin makes good stuff.

if it was a toygear box your after, i'd look towards jim at inchworm.

ZERO seriousness written or implied. :fawkdancesmiley:

Marlin has technically been around longer since TG is a spin off from MC. TG has "ok" fitting parts but for the extra money and better fitting stuff go with MC. $299 for a stout rear bumper. Look around not a better deal. TG's new rear bumper is copy that is just as much and not as nice. Just an example. :stirpot:

I've installed both company's rear springs on a couple different rigs, and I have to say the mounts are identical! The springs look the same at first glance, but have very slight differences when picked apart...And after seeing both work out on the trail, I'd say the TG's seem to work better and are softer outta the box...Also, the MC bushings seem to be wearing faster (play between the greasable bolt and the bushing, and yes they have been greased regularly) than TG's....could be the way the two rigs are used, but this is just my perspective from what I've seen...
TG's IFS steering box kit is pretty decent, but they all look really similar, with the exception of the way they're cut at the ends....Though not part of this thread, I think Sky's IFS box kit seems the beefiest...

there are tg loyalists??

easy decision marlin! i tend not to support companies that knock off products and have said product made in china thereby hurting us companies and taking jobs out of the hands of people who could be your best friend or next door neighbor.....

I have spent a whole bunch of money on yota crap. I bought birfs from Bobby and the rest of the stuff came from Marlin. Quality stuff all of it. I did order a set of ball gussets from datin fab, they got drop shipped from TG. I gave them to my neighbor, I'll buy a tj before any of that **** touches my rig.

Trail-gear had been nothing but good to me, I have had very good experience with their customer service, the one time I had a mess up with an order the immediately took care of it, overnighted me the correct parts and a free t-shirt. I have never had a single problem with anything that I ordered for both my Cruiser and Zuk.

Marlin on the other hand treated me like chit, they lied to me for over a month and made zero effort to make things right and they were just flat out rude to me, and it was like a $1500 order. That was the one and only time I have ever tried to do business with Marlin, and I never plan to buy or try to buy from them ever again...

Don't buy TG rear chromoly axle shafts :puke:

They might be better now but they seem to break easier than stock at least in my ftoy.:eeek:

Ive never had a problem with Marlin. There customer service has been great. Mike; Marlins son has personally called me and made sure I was happy with my products. I like spending extra for parts that work.

Hell Nick(TTF FAB) has had Marlin personally call him to make sure he was happy and answer tech questions.

In todays world good customer service is rare. Marlin and crew have always gone above and beyond for me as a customer even when ordering just a ball and seat for a shifter.

Now I will say this. When Chris Geiger worked there I did try and order a ball and seat. He told me minimum order was $25 and hung up. After posting on Marlin's forum Mike called me and handled me. So yeah. Im very loyal to Marlin

Indepandant view;

Marlin Crawler
Seams like toyota only
No local dealers
nice web site

Trail Gear
Seams like all differant types
Local dealers
web site too busy

This was my first time looking at eather site and eather company.

I have no personal experience with Marlin, but the people I know using their parts have nothing but good things to say.

I have had a few Jeep parts from Trail Gear and everything has been great so far. I had one of their tire carrier rear bumpers and it fit great and looked good. The powdercoat was nice and the bumper was solid, no rattles even with a heavy 35 on a steel wheel.

I just finished installing a full hydro setup on my TJ using a TG orbital valve. I've only tested it on my street and a few dirt hills in a vacant lot last night, but it's working great and no leaks. Time will tell if it holds up, but I got the orbital, steering shaft, and tabs to mount it shipped for less then a PSC orbital alone.