• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Transfer Cases?? PRO's and CON's (SCS, ATLAS, HERO)

smbroady82 said:
Just out of curiosity.. how many of you have broke an atlas?

I'm not asking how many of you saw TC break one at a SRRS race one day when you were riding doubles on your buddy's sweet 700 grizzly with 30s, and snorkels, and an inappropriate # of light bars.

Also, I'm not making an argument for or against any of them, just curious.
Yep and a good buddy broke one at hot springs playing one horse power hill Jon witnessed this. Broke a stak also no problems out of my 205 or hero my buddy went scs no problems since

smbroady82 said:
Just out of curiosity.. how many of you have broke an atlas?

Landed on the gas last year and punched out the crappy cast bearing support and took out the gears last year. Watched Stan Haynes that owns Branik take out the gears in his landing on the gas at the last RBOR race a few weeks back.

Spend $40 and get the billet cover from AA if you have that crappy cast one.

Attachments

• IRPF8928.jpg
    IRPF8928.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 159
NTIDWELL said:
Yep and a good buddy broke one at hot springs playing one horse power hill Jon witnessed this. Broke a stak also no problems out of my 205 or hero my buddy went scs no problems since

sounds like you're rough on stuff ;D, do you guys race or anything ?

croes said:
Landed on the gas last year and punched out the crappy cast bearing support and took out the gears last year. Watched Stan Haynes that owns Branik take out the gears in his landing on the gas at the last RBOR race a few weeks back.

Spend $40 and get the billet cover from AA if you have that crappy cast one.

good to know, thanks I'll have to check mine

NTIDWELL said:
Yeah but most people drive with there eyes open. That buddy of yours is rough on equipment!

BUG-E J said:
Yeah but most people drive with there eyes open. That buddy of yours is rough on equipment!

Damn.....coming from you.......I need to avoid said guys buddy. He sounds dangerous.

So apparently they do exist!

I gotta give it to SCS, on my doorstep les than 2 weeks after I ordered it and well less than $3k shipped to my door. hopefully the straight drive tcase/ 4 speed trans setup works for me.

d_daffron said:
So apparently they do exist!

I gotta give it to SCS, on my doorstep les than 2 weeks after I ordered it and well less than $3k shipped to my door. hopefully the straight drive tcase/ 4 speed trans setup works for me.

Do you have any demissions on this? What's it going behind? Looks badass

SCS has a good drawing on their website showing all the dimensions, but the case is about 20" wide and 4.5" thick, its surprisingly heavy at about 100lbs. They have about unlimited gear selections I ordered 3.33:1 ratio in this one. One of the downsides to the SCS is the lack of a high/low option but I'm hoping to use The Overdrive ratio in the trans for driving trail to trail. One benefit to the SCS design is that its easy and not too expensive to change tcase ratios at $250 for a new change gearset. I'll be using it behind a 4L60 I built. I'm sure someone will be here shortly to tell me that it'll never work with that piece of **** transmission but I got 8 years out of the last 4L60 I built and its still going strong so I'm gonna stick with whats been working for me.

d_daffron said:
SCS has a good drawing on their website showing all the dimensions, but the case is about 20" wide and 4.5" thick, its surprisingly heavy at about 100lbs. They have about unlimited gear selections I ordered 3.33:1 ratio in this one. One of the downsides to the SCS is the lack of a high/low option but I'm hoping to use The Overdrive ratio in the trans for driving trail to trail. One benefit to the SCS design is that its easy and not too expensive to change tcase ratios at $250 for a new change gearset. I'll be using it behind a 4L60 I built. I'm sure someone will be here shortly to tell me that it'll never work with that piece of **** transmission but I got 8 years out of the last 4L60 I built and its still going strong so I'm gonna stick with whats been working for me.
That piece of **** 4l60 will never work

Hell naw it wont, running a 4L60 is almost as stupid an idea as trying to race all these 600hp LS engines with an old school SBC.

d_daffron said:
Hell naw it wont, running a 4L60 is almost as stupid an idea as trying to race all these 600hp LS engines with an old school SBC.
I got that top secret 600 horse sbc. I just tell everybody it's a stock 350. :****: