• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Transmission 4 My 04 Dodge

little crawler

Does anyone recommend any tranny shop that i can get my trans rebuilt?
Looking for a tranny that will hold up to some horsepower and towing?

The closest shop is DDP... they can build you a tranny to hold.. Lenny has proven that. Or Rip at Source automotive, but he's in northern oregon.. worth the drive though too.. He's running 10's with his 05 Dodge 4x4 and puts down over 1k at the wheels.. so yea it can hold anything you can throw at it..

I've seen a bunch of transmissions built by Source. They hold up to some serious abuse. It would probably take about the same time to drive to Portland as it would to drive through Seattle. (well... sometimes) I have an ATS transmission but they are in Colorado. Just go with one of the main builders of diesel transmissions. Most of the normal transmission shops have no clue how to make something hold up to 1200 ft/lbs of torque.

I've seen too many BD tranny's go south way too easy.. the older ones did a lot better.. But in the last few years.. maybe even 4 or 5 years, they have taken a dive..

I've seen too many BD tranny's go south way too easy.. the older ones did a lot better.. But in the last few years.. maybe even 4 or 5 years, they have taken a dive..

Had my BD Tranny for 3 years of HEAVY towing without any problems.
I sold my 99 Dodge truck, and purchased a 2005 and a 2007, and haven't had any problems with those Trannys. If you are looking for someone local, Bethel Automotive in Port Orchard, can steer you in the right direction.