• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trout Lake

hwcurtice

I wanted to get some opinions of the Trout Lake trail.

Why? Well, it's been a number of years, 30, since I've hiked it, and I wanted to know if it's changed any in the past 30 years. I know someone took their rig up the road last year in foot deep snow, I notices the train trestle they stopped under and took a picture, but if anyone has hiked up to Trout Lake, I would like information.

Wife and I drove the Dakota up there on Sunday, but stopped before we got to the end of the road.

The trailhead is at the end of Foss River Road. NFD Road 68.

I wanted to get some opinions of the Trout Lake trail.

Why? Well, it's been a number of years, 30, since I've hiked it, and I wanted to know if it's changed any in the past 30 years. I know someone took their rig up the road last year in foot deep snow, I notices the train trestle they stopped under and took a picture, but if anyone has hiked up to Trout Lake, I would like information.

Wife and I drove the Dakota up there on Sunday, but stopped before we got to the end of the road.

The trailhead is at the end of Foss River Road. NFD Road 68.

i hiked up to trout lake then onto malikita Sp lake prob five years ago:cool: it was a great hike, this summer im goin back for more, there are atleast 5 lakes behond those two

This is the first of the Foss Lakes, right? We went as far as Lake Angeline a couple years ago, I think that's about 12-13 miles in? If Trout Lake is the one I'm thinkin' of the trail was fine then....other than the brutal slog up the switchbacks through what we like to call "green hell", which is no fun on a hot day with a 30lb pack.:D

Turns out, the forest road to Trout Lake is closed for the season.

So we went to a different trail head and hiked in about 1/2 mile to the river. Only because the bridge and trail were washed out. Had fun. Parts of our bodies are sore, but we'll be ready for next weekend for another hike!

No pictures. Damn camera stayed home. I think it's scared to go places...