• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Truck Drives off mountain from String Trail (4W309)

I hear that the truck is still there, and that they are headed up this weekend to try to extract it.

I wonder if they contacted the authorities to ask them how they would like them to get it out, as they will obviously have to travel off of the trail to do anything with it... ????

Isn't this part of the shoestring rock garden where the rig came to rest? If it is then they can drive to it without leaving the trail.

Isn't this part of the shoestring rock garden where the rig came to rest? If it is then they can drive to it without leaving the trail.

Yes--you can drive anyplace in the garden from what I have been told--just have to stay off the plant life...

Yes--you can drive anyplace in the garden from what I have been told--just have to stay off the plant life...

A couple three years back Ben, Jay and I mapped that area for the FS(?) was it? When they wanted info on all of the trails for their final mapping.......I never heard what became of that.

A couple three years back Ben, Jay and I mapped that area for the FS(?) was it? When they wanted info on all of the trails for their final mapping.......I never heard what became of that.

All I know/remember the 4x4xnw folks did the trail thru the rock garden off the shoestring (which goes along it ) with the intent of closing the section of the shoestring that goes along the rock garden. That was like 10 years ago.