• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Truck Drives off mountain from String Trail (4W309)

Sorry, but I have little sympathy for either of these dumbasses(I'm guessing that the passenger wasn't a newbie to the sport either). They deserve to be roasted for their actions because their actions reflect badly on all of us here. How many people read the article in the newspaper and said "dumbass off road jerks! We should kick their asses out of there!"?

Last edited:
Sorry, but I have little sympathy for either of these dumbasses(I'm guessing that the passenger wasn't a newbie to the sport either). They deserve to be roasted for their actions because their actions reflect badly on all of us here. How many people read the atricle in the in a newspaper and said "dumbass off road jerks! We should kick their asses out of there!"?

Well stated!

Something that's NOT been mentioned yet... I wonder what kind of insurance he had on the rig?

This is one VERY expensive accident with airlift evac, hospital bills etc. Something to think about in respect to insuring your off road vehicles. I carry a good liability amount, but waived my collision and comprehensive damage coverage :)

Especially if you're going to have anyone ride with you, carrying good insurance should be considered a must, even if you're ORV tagged.

Something that's NOT been mentioned yet... I wonder what kind of insurance he had on the rig?

This is one VERY expensive accident with airlift evac, hospital bills etc. Something to think about in respect to insuring your off road vehicles. I carry a good liability amount, but waived my collision and comprehensive damage coverage :)

Especially if you're going to have anyone ride with you, carrying good insurance should be considered a must, even if you're ORV tagged.

I carry full coverage on my Toy... it is cheap, and good peace of mind.

He is getting what he deserves and should be getting more. He couldve killed his passenger .It wasn't like he rolled playing at the funny rocks or up on a nasty trail on Rimrock. He purposely drove off a embankment ! Heres your sign!

Hey Yall WATCH THIS!!!!

Yeah I was just on that spot less than a month ago and threw a stick down it for my dog (cause I'm an asshole) and she had a bit of trouble climbing back up. Just glad nobody's dead I'd hate to go back out there Labor day and see a memorial there!

I think the driver has, and is, receiving his fair share of consequences, justice has already been served. No witch hunt neccesary here fellas:rb:

-He wrecked his truck:booo:
-He hurt himself:booo:
-He hurt his friend:booo:
-I'm sure he's already been lectured:booo:
-I'm sure he's got bills from this:booo:
-He's been publicly humiliated:booo:
-His truck has probably been picked clean by now:booo:
-He can't wheel:booo:
-Possible DUI Charges:booo:

This could have easily been any number of people on this board, drunk or not, it's easy to be a critic on the keyboard.:corn: Should we charge Brian H with vehicular assault too?:stirpot: I mean come on, draw the line somewhere for gods sake:haha:

No..... The kid knew what i was going to do.... He was in the sami and belted down before i ever got to it......I warned him of what could happen and ask him if he still wanted to ride..... He stated that yes lets do this....We told him to tighten his belts......I asked him again right before i went off hagain said to do it..+ i wasnt drinking . What i learned from this is to not have passengers if your going to try something stupid .... not to screw around in someone elses rig.....

Its defiantly something to consider. When medical bills start coming in and lawyers get involved friendships go away very quickly. I realized this after I took my bad roll a couple of years ago. For several days before that I had other peoples kids riding with me. The "what ifs" are staggering at best. There's a reason I don't have a back seat in the new rig and why I carry a very good liability policy on my jeep.

There are two reasons why my current car is a single seater.

1. Visibility and shifter/accessory placement.

2. Other people and their true colors.

Your are correct, insurance on an ORV registered rig is a good idea these days. Sucks it has come to that, just costs more $ to wheel:Stoned:

No..... The kid knew what i was going to do.... He was in the sami and belted down before i ever got to it......I warned him of what could happen and ask him if he still wanted to ride..... He stated that yes lets do this....We told him to tighten his belts......I asked him again right before i went off hagain said to do it..+ i wasnt drinking . What i learned from this is to not have passengers if your going to try something stupid .... not to screw around in someone elses rig.....

No don't get be wrong brian, my point was you don't deserve a lynch mob. And in my opinion neither does this guy. I don't see what he did different besides drink. and go down a bigger ledge. And i see people drinking on the trail all the time. Seems like he is getting chastised for doing the same things a lot of people do here, but since he's not a part of the group, now it's not OK. I just think it's funny how the rules are different based on who it is.

No don't get be wrong brian, my point was you don't deserve a lynch mob. And in my opinion neither does this guy. I don't see what he did different besides drink. and go down a bigger ledge. And i see people drinking on the trail all the time. Seems like he is getting chastised for doing the same things a lot of people do here, but since he's not a part of the group, now it's not OK. I just think it's funny how the rules are different based on who it is.

I dissagree. If I was to do something of this nature in the same form as that guy did--I would hope I would get the same treatment. A pat on the back and "its ok" doesn't distill how wrong it was and how lives would have easily been lost. What happened if the passenger died? Should he still get a pat on the back and--"its ok"--I would dissagree with that too.

I am with Crash on this one. This kind of thing makes our sport look terrible and with groups like this http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/ Trying to find anyway they can to be rid of us ,it doesn't help. And being loaded and running the trail even if there isn't a wreck is enough on its own to get lynched . I think if you were told you were no longer able to use your 4x4 on the trails because of people like this your views would also change. Or worse yet you lost someone you cared about because of this foolish and unnecessary recklessness,I believe you would be out for blood! This time it didnt end with a fatality but if we as a group accept and are to easy to forgive,chances are that the next time this happens there will be someone dead.

Clark-
So if he hadn't of crashed this would have been ok? The fact that he was going off trail is a huge issue. This point and shoot mentality has huge repercussions. As a 4x4 community we need to make people understand that we won't accept this behavior. The fact that he had an accident just made it worse.

Well i guess i should clarify then. I don't think what he did was OK for 3 reasons.

1) He was drunk(I'm assuming)
2) He was off the trail(Obviously)
3) He left a big mess to clean up

I think what he did make us look bad, and he should have consequences.

But let's not take those consequences too far. We are still talking about a person here, people make mistakes. I'd rather sit in jail for a month than have this happen to me:

-He wrecked his truck
-He hurt himself
-He hurt his friend
-I'm sure he's already been lectured
-I'm sure he's got bills from this(towing,cleanup,rescue,truck,legal)
-He's been publicly humiliated
-His truck has probably been picked clean by now
-He can't wheel
-Possible DUI Charges

So with that said, i think he got what he deserves. Thankfully he and his passenger lived. Hopefully he learned his lesson. And hopefully this thread will educate and keep more people on the trail.:awesomework:

You won't catch me patting him on the back:rolleyes: But you won't catch me lynching him either. Had he made it down, then i'd say lynch him, but he failed miserably and Karma got him before the MOB.:D Justice has already been served.

Last edited:
Well i guess i should clarify then. I don't think what he did was OK for 3 reasons.

But let's not take those consequences too far. We are still talking about a person here, people make mistakes. I'd rather sit in jail for a month than have this happen to me:

-He wrecked his truck
-He hurt himself
-He hurt his friend
-He can't wheel
-Possible DUI Charges

So with that said, i think he got what he deserves. Thankfully he and his passenger lived. Hopefully he learned his lesson. And hopefully this thread will educate and keep more people on the trail.:awesomework:

You won't catch me patting him on the back:rolleyes: But you won't catch me lynching him either. Had he made it down, then i'd say lynch him, but he failed miserably and Karma got him before the MOB.:D Justice has already been served.

Well said.

but the fact that he is being ripped repeatedly here will hopefully sway some other dim-wit from thinking that we even remotely condone this. even if he had made it! the fact that this is now 12 pages long says there are a lot of people reading this that arent saying anything so it does have a ripple effect.

-He wrecked his truck
-He hurt himself
-He hurt his friend
-He can't wheel
-Possible DUI Charges

:cool:

I hear that the truck is still there, and that they are headed up this weekend to try to extract it.

I wonder if they contacted the authorities to ask them how they would like them to get it out, as they will obviously have to travel off of the trail to do anything with it... ????

The right thing to do would be contact the Forest Service, let them know what is going on, and ask them how they would like the situation handled for extraction / off trail travel, however it is pretty obvious that these guys are not too interested in doing **** the right way im sure... :rolleyes:

If I didn't have kids sports tomorrow, I would drive up there just to watch the show

This is like raping the murderer that was moslested as a child. 2 wrongs make a right?:eeek:

This guy is in a lose, lose situation. We can forgive, forget but the respect and trust of him will be difficult (at best) to gain back.

Anybody actually know him? Or are we all just humanitarians here?

Latest posts