• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trunion elim vs. Steering bearings

Flat-Bed_3rd_Gen

So I just put one of my long 30 splines in and found my steering bearings are pitted so I guess I will be replacing them sooner than I really wanted to. My question is does anyone have exprience with tg's trunion elim, marlin's 25mm bearings and stock repacement.

The rig is on 37s with 529s unlocked with tg arms

So I am wondering which set-up you guys have had luck with

Thanks James

Edit: can we stay off of what materials each are made of and if it is weldable or not

Last edited:
I think the trunion eliminator kit is trails gears answer for making cheap shitty replacement bearings. If you install chinese TG bearings then yes the ELIM kit is better.

If you install KOYO or Timkins in that there knuckle they will fine.

!!!CHANGE THE RACE WITH THE BEARING!!!

I cant tell ya how many folks Ive seen with busted steering/knuckle problems that didnt think they had to change the race when swapping bearings.

Not all companies have the same angle on the face of the trunion bearing races and rollers.

Just get good bearings.:awesomework:

I think the trunion eliminator kit is trails gears answer for making cheap shitty replacement bearings. If you install chinese TG bearings then yes the ELIM kit is better.

If you install KOYO or Timkins in that there knuckle they will fine.

!!!CHANGE THE RACE WITH THE BEARING!!!

I cant tell ya how many folks Ive seen with busted steering/knuckle problems that didnt think they had to change the race when swapping bearings.

Not all companies have the same angle on the face of the trunion bearing races and rollers.

Just get good bearings.:awesomework:
+1
my first set lasted over 160,000 miles...they were the stock ones.:;

In a pinch, should something happen while on the trail...TG's will get you off the trail....but I'm with everyone else that's said it....Get GOOD quality trunion brngs, and set the preload properly, torque the arms/lower trunions properly, and you should have worry free steering!!!
Oh yeah, don't forget to use the backwoods goo!!!!:D

i couldn't find the KOYO or Timkins bearings when i replaced mine earlier this year.. i used the trunion bearing from napa BR30330 i believe is the number i have had my rig out a bunch this year naches liberty walker and some private trails in duvall they have been holding up great.... i dont know anyones past expierence with them.... i will be sure to put them to the test though..