• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trust worthy reman engines?

nhl_bullitt

Southern IL/MO
My 2001 GM 6.0 went freaking BOOM. What a fantastic day.

Anybody have good news to tell me on a reman? Maybe on 1 that is not $6k, not sure this truck deserves that kind of money.

Side note: I was hauling the buggy to go wheeling on this perfect Saturday when it happened. thumb.gif

My son uses Jasper all the time on vehicles and boats and he has had good luck with them. They come with a 3yr 100,000 mile warranty.

Jasper for a reman. They even offer a couple of performance options and a lot of updates. Depending on how much damage was done, you may have to eat some of the core charge.

Call the dealer and price a GM reman unit as well, they are usually comparable to Jasper and have the same warranty.

ATK is the cheaper reman option usually and LKQ sells them, 3 year unlimited mileage. Personally not my 1st choice because of how they do some things, but like Jasper they also include all the needed mating gaskets. Gonna put one in an s10 next week.

Used is cheaper

I have a shop that sells parts for and services Workhorse step vans and RV chassis and have been in business for 26 years, 17 as a Workhorse dealer. Give me a call if you would like a quote on an engine with a great warranty and is a quality rebuild. I will need your VIN to quote the correct engine you need.
Sincerely,

Buddy Gamel
Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827, office
205-837-8871, mobile
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com
www.workhorseservice.com

I could get you a low mile (around 100-120k) pullout and help save you some. Or if you were interested we could build you a new lq9 for less than 5k. Professionally built of course.

Re:

Gen 3 started around 97-98ish up to 2013

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have love for the LS's, but I really wish Ford would get themselves a "Holy Grail" motor. I'm still loving this 5.0 in my Mustang, but it is not package friendly and there are sensors and wires draped everywhere like someone threw a bowl of spaghetti on it. And it's expensive.

I agree. Ford needs a readily available powerhouse that's easy to swap and has good packaging. They can't seem to build a motor smaller than a ****in smart car.

pholmann said:
I agree. Ford needs a readily available powerhouse that's easy to swap and has good packaging. They can't seem to build a motor smaller than a ****in smart car.

I watched a 10G youtube build of an LS3 vs Coyote 5.0 They were able to start out with pretty much everything new on the LS but had to use a "F150 take out" 5.0 for 3grand to start!! lol

In the end, the bigger cubed LS3 made more HP/TQ, but when they did the "ricer math" the Coyote made more HP/TQ per cubic inch.

Hey fellas. I decided to just sell the truck as is. It's a bummer. Was a nice looking truck but at the end of the day, I would still be nervous about hauling something a handful of hours away even with a different motor in there.

I read all the replies and appreciate all the feedback.

Back to the drawing board for me. I started a thread a couple months back about getting a newer tow rig. I guess I need to go back to that mentality. :mad: