• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trust worthy reman engines?

Re: Re: Trust worthy reman engines?

nhl_bullitt said:
Hey fellas. I decided to just sell the truck as is. It's a bummer. Was a nice looking truck but at the end of the day, I would still be nervous about hauling something a handful of hours away even with a different motor in there.

I read all the replies and appreciate all the feedback.

Back to the drawing board for me. I started a thread a couple months back about getting a newer tow rig. I guess I need to go back to that mentality. :mad:
You know I put myself in your position and I kind of sort of came to the same conclusion you did as well.

If it was any other vehicle that did not have an LS motor in it I would have no doubt sold it immediately or did whatever but I would almost sort of lean towards getting the motor from Patrick or just a reman unit if I really did like the truck.

In the end it's whatever you're most comfortable with especially if you're making long halls with the vehicle sometimes you just have to pay to play.

nhl_bullitt said:
Hey fellas. I decided to just sell the truck as is. It's a bummer. Was a nice looking truck but at the end of the day, I would still be nervous about hauling something a handful of hours away even with a different motor in there.

I read all the replies and appreciate all the feedback.

Back to the drawing board for me. I started a thread a couple months back about getting a newer tow rig. I guess I need to go back to that mentality. :mad:

How much?

Should have clicked before now. Man 10 times out of 10 I'd put a salvage engine out of a wrecked vehicle in it for under a grand and rock out.

GenIII in the trucks is 99-06 and change. The Gen IV started 07 I believe, really not much difference to use one or build one, but swapping one, the reluctor ring on the crank is a diff tooth count and its not an easy deal to just jam an 07 in an 06, the computer doesn't like the reluctor count and I'm sure some other things. Camaros/vettes had them, when, 97 or so?