• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TTC 2015, Entry #10, Please vote!

kayjef

Hey guys, I entered for FOURWHEELER'S Top Truck Challenge 2015 for the first time this year. I am in the April issue as entry #10. I know there are some cool rigs from the Pac NW, but any votes sent my way would be appreciated.

If you haven't voted before just buy the magazine, fill out the entry form, pick your top ten, and mail it in.

Thanks,
Jeff

If you make it to TTC your going to have to commit and hit that stuff with rolling momentum and some things at a higher speed or more throttle than you will ever want to....
good luck man
the key to TTC is finish good in every event you don't have to win every event just finish good

If you make it to TTC your going to have to commit and hit that stuff with rolling momentum and some things at a higher speed or more throttle than you will ever want to....
good luck man
the key to TTC is finish good in every event you don't have to win every event just finish good

There are definitely some things at TTC that take momentum, but every obstacle has an ideal speed to get through it smooth. Year after year I have seen guys go and hit things harder than they need to be hit, brake something major, and then ruin their chance at winning. Of course it makes for a good show.:awesomework: However TTC is more of a crawler type event with penalties for stopping, backing, hitting cones, winching etc. The guy with the smartest plan, and the smoothest driving with a capable spotter who doesn't screw them by misoperating the winch or something like that has the best chance at winning.

So the way I see it, 3 guys will inevitably take themselves out of the running by showing up with a tire way too freaking big for their setup... so they can't steer, crappy gearing, and brake something. 3 Others will hit something too hard, brake something major, and also ruin their chances. So if you go smooth, finish all the events, and do good enough in the tank trap that puts you in the top 4. :redneck:

Anywho... I have thought about it way to much obviously. I really appreciate any votes people have cast for me. It would be a blast to just have a chance at screwing it up. :corn:

If memory serves me right, little crawler's been in a TTC or two. Might be good to have a serious talk/BS/beer session with him.

Also look up 59 Fiat and Treeclimber. Both of them have been there, done that and I think a 1/2 dozen other guys around here.

Hi all,

Best of luck kayjef! Don't read Four Wheeler but will try to remember to pick up the April issue.

Regards,

Alan

Hey guys, I entered for FOURWHEELER'S Top Truck Challenge 2015 for the first time this year. I am in the April issue as entry #10. I know there are some cool rigs from the Pac NW, but any votes sent my way would be appreciated.

If you haven't voted before just buy the magazine, fill out the entry form, pick your top ten, and mail it in.

Thanks,
Jeff

QUOTE=kayjef;1036994]There are definitely some things at TTC that take momentum, but every obstacle has an ideal speed to get through it smooth. Year after year I have seen guys go and hit things harder than they need to be hit, brake something major, and then ruin their chance at winning. Of course it makes for a good show.:awesomework: However TTC is more of a crawler type event with penalties for stopping, backing, hitting cones, winching etc. The guy with the smartest plan, and the smoothest driving with a capable spotter who doesn't screw them by misoperating the winch or something like that has the best chance at winning.

So the way I see it, 3 guys will inevitably take themselves out of the running by showing up with a tire way too freaking big for their setup... so they can't steer, crappy gearing, and brake something. 3 Others will hit something too hard, brake something major, and also ruin their chances. So if you go smooth, finish all the events, and do good enough in the tank trap that puts you in the top 4. :redneck:

Anywho... I have thought about it way to much obviously. I really appreciate any votes people have cast for me. It would be a blast to just have a chance at screwing it up. :corn:[/QUOTE]

Ok sorry I even tried to give advice, obviously you will learn alot about the event if you make it, I was warned the exact same way and talked to many people I know that have gone and or done really well at the whole event and when I showed up I was amazed at how things work and how things really are, again I won't advise you or try and give any input good luck, and from all I remember unless it has all changed its nothing like a crawler event
, I know they have changed a few things in the last couple years so I may be incorrect on that

QUOTE=kayjef;1036994]There are definitely some things at TTC that take momentum, but every obstacle has an ideal speed to get through it smooth. Year after year I have seen guys go and hit things harder than they need to be hit, brake something major, and then ruin their chance at winning. Of course it makes for a good show.:awesomework: However TTC is more of a crawler type event with penalties for stopping, backing, hitting cones, winching etc. The guy with the smartest plan, and the smoothest driving with a capable spotter who doesn't screw them by misoperating the winch or something like that has the best chance at winning.

Anywho... I have thought about it way to much obviously. I really appreciate any votes people have cast for me. It would be a blast to just have a chance at screwing it up. :corn:

Ok sorry I even tried to give advice, obviously you will learn alot about the event if you make it, I was warned the exact same way and talked to many people I know that have gone and or done really well at the whole event and when I showed up I was amazed at how things work and how things really are, again I won't advise you or try and give any input good luck, and from all I remember unless it has all changed its nothing like a crawler event
, I know they have changed a few things in the last couple years so I may be incorrect on that[/QUOTE]

Hopefully my post wasn't taken the wrong way. I obviously have never been. I will take any advice, especially from those who have been. My previous post was just playing monday morning quarterback, :redneck: my interpretation from watching every event from 2000. 2013 John Retzloff won with calm cool driving, and placing every event. If I get in I will try to emulate that. What I don't want to do is blow up a t case and ruin 2-3 events fixing it and ruining a chance at placing well, or something like that. The "crawler event" reference just refers to it not only being a timed event, but has penalties for cones/backing/winching etc. So the fastest guy does not necesarily get the best score.

I have allready spoke with about 7 previous competitors, including previous champions. Everyone seems to have a different take on what it takes to win. Obviously i wouldn't have entered if I didn't think I could be competitive however I would like to go mostly for the experience. It would be a blast

I have always liked you bronco by the way :awesomework: If I remember right I just saw it in "best looking buggies" on pirate :D

Last edited:
If memory serves me right, little crawler's been in a TTC or two. Might be good to have a serious talk/BS/beer session with him.

Also look up 59 Fiat and Treeclimber. Both of them have been there, done that and I think a 1/2 dozen other guys around here.

Yeah I know, that bronco is BADA$$!!!!

I know John, great guy, awesome fiat. I can't wait to see it on the new portals. We have been voting for eachother.

Hi all,

Best of luck kayjef! Don't read Four Wheeler but will try to remember to pick up the April issue.

Regards,

Alan

Sorry man, but the April issue was on newsstands in February, it has already been replaced. But if you ended up getting one, just make sure they get your vote in the next 5 days. :awesomework:

There are many cool/capable rigs so I am skeptical I get in. If I do it would be a pleasant surprise. Let's just hope that my wife, who will be 8 months pregnant at the time of the event doesn't deliver early. :mad:

Well I figured out yesterday I did not get voted into TTC 2015. Better luck next year I guess. I will just keep building and entering until I make it.

The crazy thing to me is that John Martinson didn't get in. He was an alternate last year and I felt he was a shoe in. Every year there are a couple interesting contestants, this year the top 10 are all legit rigs.

I appreciate anyone on this site who voted for me. I think I am going to hit elbe hills up next weekend to blow off some steam. Message me if you want to come.