• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tundra v8 axle????

Oil can

Mike this is all your fault...:eeek:

I wanted to look into what you where talking about with the bigger toyota tundra v8 axle... I did some google searches but not shure i have nailed it down yet.....

questions are.

what was the first year of the v8's?
what was the ring gear size?

those two things should give me the info i need to answere the other questions..

do they do 5.29
hub to hub width
what type of brakes
what locker options
how many spline axles

the ole small block has bean hungry and its eating 4cyl R&P.. big surprise..

time to find an alternative....:redneck:

Just put toy axle ends on a d60 center section, Bam 6 lug 60. 5.38s and 5.29s play well together, done it many times.

Your not killin shafts right?

Ya a hybrid 60 is what Sam had in his old 4 runner. I almost went this route but got a killer deal on my Pro-rock...

Ya a hybrid 60 is what Sam had in his old 4 runner. I almost went this route but got a killer deal on my Pro-rock...

I have an early ninetys dodge 60 but I think the tube size is bigger than most..... time to grab the tape and start taken some measurements....:redneck:

Hi All:

Chop Shop, could you please explain what is involved in doing this?

Are we speaking of grafting Toyota mini-truck axle tubes onto a Dana 60 center section? Which Dana 60 axle shafts would be the correct length?

Thanks for the info!

-Alan

Just put toy axle ends on a d60 center section, Bam 6 lug 60. 5.38s and 5.29s play well together, done it many times.

Your not killin shafts right?

Hi All:

Chop Shop, could you please explain what is involved in doing this?

Are we speaking of grafting Toyota mini-truck axle tubes onto a Dana 60 center section? Which Dana 60 axle shafts would be the correct length?

Thanks for the info!

-Alan

He would just reuse the stock bearing ends/shafts from the 8 inch toy axle already under the truck.

Need to get/use a d60 fine/30 spline welded or spool. Thats makes it stock toy width and center offset.

Toys are 30 spline and so are some D60s. They are a differnt pitch on the spline face, but slide together fine and match better then some aftermarket shafts do.

Could even use two waggy rear shafts.

Two shorts for a narrow axle, two longs for a wide axle, or a long and a short in reverse order then the waggy so its close to a center offset.

Bearing ends are so cheap though its easy to just grab those and weld it up.

Well I already scored a 60 so that part wasnt so bad. Were can you buy those bearing ends for cheep... only ones I saw were the rough stuff specialtys?

What are you doing to keep breaking the ring and pinons? Do you run a V8? If its a 4cyl. you might want to look at who's setting them up. I run 38" swampers and beat the wholly piss out of my rig every time I drive it and the ring and pinons seem to take it just fine.

Well I already scored a 60 so that part wasnt so bad. Were can you buy those bearing ends for cheep... only ones I saw were the rough stuff specialtys?

We used to get them at randy's off road in smokey point---been a few years though...

I have a buddy with 39.5 rockers that would blow up r/p every time out. Bobby cryoed them and set them up tight. He is really hard on **** and its held up well.

What are you doing to keep breaking the ring and pinons? Do you run a V8? If its a 4cyl. you might want to look at who's setting them up. I run 38" swampers and beat the wholly piss out of my rig every time I drive it and the ring and pinons seem to take it just fine.

Ya V8 power......