• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

u-joint removal/installation tool?

Just curious what method you guy's are using to change out U- joints, Using my method, I can go from old complete, to new complete in about 2 minutes, with a little hammer and a little vise.

You have not done many chev joints then..... What a POS

You have not done many chev joints then..... What a POS

my oem s-10 joints were awesome to take out:looser: it looked like they injected this blue super glue loctite crap around the caps to help hold them in... broke an ear trying to push one out :mad:

i do not use a hammer at all, i have a good vice. Put a big socket on the end the cap is coming out of, use a socket just smaller than the cap od on the other end, crank vice in. Use vice grips to remove cap(in my experience the caps are so hard the vice grips will not mar them) reverse sockets and repeat. A hammer just makes the job sweaty.

X2 thats always the way i have done it.

my oem s-10 joints were awesome to take out:looser: it looked like they injected this blue super glue loctite crap around the caps to help hold them in... broke an ear trying to push one out :mad:

Thats cause you are supposed to torch them to burn the so called loct tite out and then they pretty much pop right out!!!

I used to torch joints out on old 44 axles i had resplined for my bronco back in the day. But those axles always seemed to fail easier than non-torched axles. May have just been my imagination though. Anyway, i plasma out the joints now on fronts just to be safe.

TIGER TOOL works well for getting old ones out; have done many UJ's with it and it does work-- nice thing is it's guaranteed if anything happens to it!!! I've done my fair share W/ BFH & bending ears, or smacking the clip ring just ain't :cool: !!! :booo:

i got a BJ press in the tools i just bought, used it last night on a u-joint. i think i actually prefer the BFH. :eeek:

no, i'm sure it works fine for some people. its just that i can get it done just as fast using a vice and a hammer.