• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultimate Dana 30/44 CV Joint

Looks like this is only for the D30 and the Rubicon psuedo-D44. 1000 bucks to polish a turd squeaky clean... for that much money It'd better be polished to a spit-shine, and I'd better be able to check my hair in the reflection.

Better off just doing a toyota axle. What size is a d30 ring gear compared to a toy r/p??

Hey NotMatt, if the Rubicon 44 is fake, what is the best "real" factory Dana 44 front? :corn:

Hey NotMatt, if the Rubicon 44 is fake, what is the best "real" factory Dana 44 front? :corn:

Trick question: none, they all suck. Rubicon "44's" suck more because they have crappy unit bearing outers.

Are we seriously arguing about this? :masturbanana[1]:

Here's another question: do the gears or the air locker from the Rubicon 44 swap into a standard reverse cut 44 housing, or onto a standard 44 carrier?

Last edited:
Here's another question: do the gears or the air locker from the Rubicon 44 swap into a standard reverse cut 44 housing, or onto a standard 44 carrier?

Yes they can but the standard D44 housing needs to be machined to make them work. The Rubi 44 has some different stuff. If you want to exact info I can try and find it for you.

I would MAYBE think about these shafts since I already have a HP44 build. I had thought about doing a Hybrid 44/60 before but it is a lot of money. These shafts might be a good idea. They say they will make custom length shafts too. Need to check and see how much.

Can you get these CV's for other Dana 44's?

Edit- don't see any others. Does anybody make a high strength CV for D44?

Good Idea, but for that kind of money, you could be halfway into a spyder9 / 60 build.

I do think folks will buy them though. And the harder of the core will start shitting ring and pinions.

And what is cheaper? A new set of stock shafts, or getting someone to setup a new set of gears for you?

Good Idea, but for that kind of money, you could be halfway into a spyder9 / 60 build.

I do think folks will buy them though. And the harder of the core will start shitting ring and pinions.

And what is cheaper? A new set of stock shafts, or getting someone to setup a new set of gears for you?

half way?:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
You've obviously never looked into this