• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Unofficial DNR/Reiter Rocky Buggy

check with your insurance i know for me i am covered under any vehicle i drive or operate :awesomework:

My concerns are not for myself (my ducks are in-a-row) I'm trying to confirm this vehicle may be operated by another individual, besides myself. Liability Ins is for the individual, not the vehicle.

If there were a serious injury accident while someone else were driving your buggy insurance would be complicated. First off the buggy is your personal property so it's your responsibility wether it's titled or not. Secondly while volunteering L&I covers us all while working. The **** storm would be when the (state)DNR reports the accident and the state L&I decides they don't want to blame themselves and points the finger at you.....A easy fix for this might be if you rented your rig (1c?) or officially donated it but I don't know if you could do that temporarily.

Ok. So maybe I should be the only one to operate it?:eeek:

I would really look into insurance just for peace of mind. After BrianH's ordeal I registered mine as an ORV and added it to my auto policy. But, mine is a truck kinda (has title).

Alright well that's that, then.

This changes nothing though.......I'm 100% confident I will be able to provide volunteer hours, when the buggy is needed.

I would really look into insurance just for peace of mind. After BrianH's ordeal I registered mine as an ORV and added it to my auto policy. But, mine is a truck kinda (has title).

Brian's deal was with passenger......My vehicle is a single seater.

And he was on FS land doing something "dangerous".......not at a DNR work party with actual DNR supervision, like I'll be.

Non-the-less......I will be cautious, careful and willing to take on the liability for myself.

So your Buggy doesn't have an ORV tab or a Plate? If it has either then you should be able to get coverage pretty cheap.

I'll do some reasearch and get the the ORV tab then.

You were probably just lucky a few weeks ago when I saw you in your Buggy at Walker that Kim is gone. She always checked my Bikes and Side x Side for ORV tabs and Spark Arrestors. :awesomework:

Ok....checked my notes and crap from when I was going to get tabs last year. All I have left to do is take it down to a DOT and have them inspect it. :rolleyes: Take the paperwork to the DOL and give them money.

I'll put a rush on this and be ready for the 18th.

Ok....checked my notes and crap from when I was going to get tabs last year. All I have left to do is take it down to a DOT and have them inspect it. :rolleyes: Take the paperwork to the DOL and give them money.

I'll put a rush on this and be ready for the 18th.

You may not need a inspection. I just had this conversation with the liscence place person yesterday. She said the state patrol has changed their policies and does very little inspections now. I learned this when I got the plates for my trailer which has NEVER been inspected or road legal.

You may not need a inspection. I just had this conversation with the license place person yesterday. She said the state patrol has changed their policies and does very little inspections now. I learned this when I got the plates for my trailer which has NEVER been inspected or road legal.

That would be great....then I don't have to put those cheapy mud flaps, "fender" flares, turn signals, etc. to pass inspection.:haha:

I'll confirm with the DOL tomorrow what is needed.

For my trailer I have a paid in full reciept and a proof of ownership document (not a title) so that probably makes a difference but they weren't interested at all if it was road worthy.
Good luck.

For my trailer I have a paid in full reciept and a proof of ownership document (not a title) so that probably makes a difference but they weren't interested at all if it was road worthy.
Good luck.

I don't think there are inspections for ORV tabs either.

well now that i have talked to mark and have a couple minutes to post up here I am all game for this idea, another item mark and i discussed is a first aid kit,if he is going to be at pretty much all the work parties and have his rig out there it would be a great idea to have one of the big first aid kits in his rig.
not just one of those $20 deals from fred meyer but a bifg one with a bunch of stuff. or maybe we can all donate a bit of stuff and build one?
maybe someone works somewhere they can get a big one?

hope to see you on Saturday Mark:awesomework: