• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Unofficial DNR/Reiter Rocky Buggy

watcha gonna do about them rear air shocks? i'd be worried they won't handle the constant load.

just curious.

The only load the air shocks will see, is the same load they see during normal winching duty.

I will be lifting (and holding for a duration) nothing. My design (your interpretation of it) aside, the log will rarely leave the ground.

The rear winch will drag the log, along with help from the skidder plate.

The skidder plate will be chain connected to the rear axle. The log will be hauled with connection to the rear axle.......no stress on the air shocks.

Is there enough room to put the winch down by the tank. It would lower the center of gravity for winching and.....

My idea is to spread the load all around.

The roof gets the 'lite' winch force, the rear area gets the "weight" of the log, the rear axle takes care of pulling the log.

You are correct about the center of gravity......I'll always be pulling slightly down, not straight out. Meh....

You take the good, you take the bad, you take the rest and there you have......the facts of life.......the facts of life.:D

Last edited:
The only load the air shocks will see, is the same load they see during normal winching duty.

I will be lifting (and holding for a duration) nothing. My design (your interpretation of it) aside, the log will rarely leave the ground.

The rear winch will drag the log, along with help from the skidder plate.

The skidder plate will be chain connected to the rear axle. The log will be hauled with connection to the rear axle.......no stress on the air shocks.

ah, ok.. cool.:beer:

I bet those logs in this vid weigh 400-500lbs.......more?

And that lifting affect a plate like that creates, solves most issues mentioned in earlier posts.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UXazX3oZW0[/YT]

My rig is so "over built" (for rock crawling) yet light, the rig will let me know when I've asked too much of it........I'll just loose traction, not break ****.:;

The plan is coming together nicely.......:corn:

Another idea we'll try to incorporate.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elWn7daRIhg[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ehLLjK3wI[/YT]

Last edited:
hmmm looks interesting. I don't want to be packing a large steel plate around

Mount on the buggy for travel.

You can carry it 30 feet.:rolleyes:

I have something aluminum that might work......a Kirky seat.:redneck:

Last edited:
Just hack a plastic barrel in half for your "shoe". They work great, slide nice, not too heavy. I built a winching contraption for my old boss a few years back to drag deer up out of a canyon that he always hunted, it was the "deer snatcher 2000".... just run cable thru lid of half drum around rack of deer (or log in this case) and drag away.... Awesome dedication guys, especially you mark. I am hopeful to make the 18th work party.

The other tools

As promised, here is my contribution. Got them on Friday...

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

Terry

Looks like a double ended dildo and a set of balls.:haha:

We should have a race on the 18th workparty, my rig against those things.......who can move the most material?:redneck:

I love that everyone is getting more involved. I love you guys!:clappy: