• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

unscrambled

chef717

i've been posting pics of the rig I'm building here and there and a few of you have expressed some interest in what I'm doing. I bought this scrambler bone stock about 12 years ago with 118k... in hind sight I should have just stuck it in the garage and drove it to the beach every once in a while. then.. some one took me wheeling and I caught the bug ! this pic was after the first set of REAL mods...

here's how it sits now...

now keep in mind I'm a freakin chef not a fabricator ! I have been building this under the watchful eye of turbo at TTP in Clearwater fl. I have a WHOLE NEW RESPECT FOR FABRICATORS !!! I seem to be good at most aspects of fabrication but ... I can't weld for **** !!! i'll post the parts run down and more pics soon, chef

Been waiting for this thread thumb.gif Big fan of the scramblers. The cage turned out sweet, been a while since the last pictures you posted.

Re:

Being a chef with limited funds I had to try and use a lot of what I had on hand... here's some specs... 4.2 ltr. .. a little worked, 116 wb, 20 to the belly, 74 to the top of the cage. D44 up front ,9 rear, d 300 w cable shifters. 727, reverse shifter, going 2 piece drive shaft front, double triangulated front, wish bone rear, a blend of .095 and .134 dom ,1/4 wall box for sliders/cage tie in. Rig was 4300 lb before. Hoping to get to 3800. Let the flogging begin !

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Re:

Lol that's not me in the second pic ! Lol still a skinny chef!

Lol I was wondering if it was the same guy, and the fact that you are a chef made it pretty humorous.
I am digging the current look! More pics please. 8)

here's the beginning after I got crazy with the sawzaw. wtf ! a perfectly good scrambler ... I still say it every day.

pulled the tub after I got the drive train back together and got started...

after 8 months my rig finally sees the sun! turbo wanted to flex the suspension before we went any further. ride height 20, half the shaft showing on 16s in the front and 18s in the rear. the only binding was a little rub on the front lower shock mounts. other wise it looks like I done good !

Re:

I'm done building! LOL unless I win powerball!

Sweet progress Chef!

Every time I open this thread and quickly glance at the first pic, I swear its Robert Downey Jr. driving your rig... Does that happen to anyone else??? laughing1

That's in no way meant to be offensive. by the way, just makes me chuckle every time.