• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

unscrambled

ridered3 said:
May have been asked already, but anymore pictures or info on the Dalota in the background?
here's what's in the shop. pm me if you have questions and i'll send you his number

shooting for saturday. brake lines , exhaust, plumbing and some wiring in the cab left. when i pulled the dash i marked EVERYTHING with tape but after a little over a year half the labels fell off ! ****ing pain in my ass !!! so hears one for you ... i was planning a 2 piece shaft up front because of the 300 727 combo and everything i read said it was impossible to tun a flat clocked tcase because the drive shaft will hit the large pan of the 727. if you read this build you'll see that i 'm still sporting a 44 up front. i bought this dodge 44 years ago and when i broke the long side shaft i went to replace it with a cromo shaft. what the hell do you mean no one has a ANY KIND of replacement shaft for this axle !!! well the deal was that dodge ... for one year ,,, decided to lengthen the long side shaft by one inch and i happen to buy that year ... can't remember the year. anyway it worked to my advantage...it looks in the pic tighter than it really is...

cumminsontherocks said:
This things coming out awesome man. Where are you from?
thank you ! hoping it doesn't suck !! i'm in clearwater fl. and work in tampa.

This thing turned out great. Very unique rig. I'll admit, I liked the look with the tube and sheet metal different colors (nice contrast), but that's just personal preference.

Most importantly, it looks like there's room for a cooler and some tools. Good job.

mudpup said:
Let me know where your going for the shakedown, might join you!
didn't make it. i was sick early in the week. back at it monday after work. a friend bought a buggy and he has some work to do before windrock at the end of the month. we were talking about a quick run to hard rock next sunday. we'll probably only stay a few hours.

drove it around a bit !! leaving some things to finish after windrock next week. test run saturday.

WELLLLL... suspension worked great. motor worked great. cooling system worked great. going to try and adjust the breaks a little. the front drive shaft ended up grazing the trans a little so building a 2 piece tomorrow.... oh ya then there was this !!!

fire !!! lol it got put out quickly. both turbo and i went over everything twice but missed a steering fitting. fluid soaked the header wrap and she went up. melted my o2 sensor wire and the vent line on steering reservoir. REALLY GOT LUCKY !!!!