• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Update: Anyone shop actually stock and will sell a "Single"Suspension seat?

zayne2427

There's only one way to find out
Going to update this post a little.
I borrowed a corbeau xp to test fit my buggy and it is a large seat so the xp and pro podium will not work and are out of the question. We test fitted a Mastercraft Rubicon and it fits perfect. So I am still looking for either a mastercraft Rubicon or a PRP competition high back style seal (not the pro style with removable cushion?)
Is there any company that actually stocks the seats in house that will sell a single seat or is my only option to wait 3-4 weeks for a seat to be made?

Needing to upgrade the seat in my single seater to a suspension style seat that is all enough to support my head and have the shoulder harnesses up around my shoulders. I would really like to sit in one before i do so. Cant make up my mind which seat i want and if i want to spend the money on the PRP Podiums. I haven't read any bad things about them but not 100% sure that i can fit them in the buggy without redoing my roof. Anyone have one i could borrow for test fitting or anyone recommend a nice cheaper alternative.
Thanks

Re: Anyone in N.AL have a PRP Podium Seat, or equivalent?

I've got em in my buggy. They fit me pretty good and seem to be comfortable. But, I have very little ride time in them

did you get the standard size or the +4" seat. I may have to come up to moulton one day this week. Good excuse to stop by shelton's and buy some new pants

If I remember correctly they're the +4" I bought them used(still new) from a guy in murfreesboro. sending you a pm

We are located all the way up in Murfreesboro, Tn but we have a pretty good variety of seats that you could come and sit in at Wide Open Design. We would be glad to help you out.

I called and spoke with someone this morning. Pm coming your way

I called prp personally and told them I was 6'2 225 and they said for the "Podium" buy a standard seat. Didn't need a +4 unless I was 6'6...

zayne2427 said:
I called prp personally and told them I was 6'2 225 and they said buy a standard seat. Didn't need a +4 unless I was 6'6...

I did also... I'm 6' 230,

I ended up with Premier, +2 back, double harness slot holes, mesh bottom panel for seat drainage.

I don't like the "batwing" seats for crawling. I had Corbeau XP in my race truck and liked them for that, but for trail riding it was uncomfortable to lean around

Yeah I hear ya, I have considered getting a seat that doesn't have the bat wing style side support but on my single seat buggy I have to climb up and drop in through the window anyways so there isn't an easy way to slide in and out of the buggy. I have been running a kirkey that has the tight rib side supports for 3 years that allow zero side movement while strapped in. However with my single seat buggy I can see all 4 tires from my seated position and have rear steer so there isn't much need to move around. Also I have had back problems in the past (cracked L5) and I haven't been able to find a bad review on the podium. I have looked at many other seats and actually like my buddies master craft Rubicon's and the headrest comes to the middle of my head but they don't have a vinyl seat cover option so who knows what I will end up with. Don't really feel like waiting 3 weeks for a podium to come in anyways.

Re:

Seat covers / seat savers are available and on sale for the Rubicon's.
I'm sure they'd sell a vinyl version too. :dunno:

Re:

Rokcrler said:
Seat covers / seat savers are available and on sale for the Rubicon's.
I'm sure they'd sell a vinyl version too. :dunno:

There is no vinyl option on the rubicons. The top of those seats comes to the top of my spine :puke:

Think you are 4-5 inches taller than me. They come to the dead center of my head

Re: Re: Re:

muddinmetal said:
There is no vinyl option on the rubicons. The top of those seats comes to the top of my spine :puke:
Anything can be made, especially if it's requested.

Thanks Clifton for letting me borrow his corbeau XP. It is simply too big. We put Mo's mastercraft seat in and it fit about perfect so i am going to have to go with a smaller profile seat like the mastercraft Rubicon or prp comp high back seat. Anyone know a company that has one in stock where I won't have to wait 3-4 weeks for one to be made and shipped? Seems like they are all made to order

zayne2427 said:
Thanks Clifton for letting me borrow his corbeau XP. It is simply too big. We put Mo's mastercraft seat in and it fit about perfect so i am going to have to go with a smaller profile seat like the mastercraft Rubicon or prp comp high back seat. Anyone know a company that has one in stock where I won't have to wait 3-4 weeks for one to be made and shipped? Seems like they are all made to order

Check with WOD. I know they keep a lot of seats in stock.

Latest posts