• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

v8 in a toyota????

3" body lift needs nothing done to the firewall other than a massage to clear a HEI depending on where you mount the engine.

2" **** gets tight but is doable by beating the cab corners in around the sides of the bellhousing.

Less than that do yourself a favor and cut it out then rebuild it properly. It really isn't all that hard. :;

I just took my body lift out and threw it away......I would never recommend a body lift to a toyota guy......only jeep guys.....:haha::fawkdancesmiley:

Seen a body lift snap in a hard hit before. It was on a x-cab chevy and he hit a large rock at about 30 mph. I would hate to try and get that back home. His tires were hitting the body bad after it went. Body lifts suck and if you take your time the new tunnel can look cool as hell and you will be much happier.:awesomework:

Be prepared for a lot of work. Dependin on what you do to the V-8 I am in the process of putting one in my 94 4runner and it is a neverending project.
I chose to use a Vortec 350 and 4l60e with dual Toyota T cases. I bought motor mounts from nw offroad because a friend of mine had them but had to cut the factory mount out and set it on the frame instead of the step up for the a arm because of hood clearence. I have a 3" BL and could not have doe it without it.