• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Valve bodies

Welderd

so manual valve bodies - it becomes pretty much a stick?
you have to shift up AND down manually?
Why would you want that? just to start in 2nd or 3rd?

what if you just remove the kick down cable?

what's the advantage of a rev manual VB? just 1 to R quicker the only advantage? but 3rd to R would be a bit harder, pros/cons I guess

I'm looking at building a 700R4 - what does Timmay do to his to make it shift so quick and what does it take to make it live like that? Would it work well at high speeds or build alot of heat?

My TH400 came with a reverse MVB one. I really like it. 1st and R are only two shifts away. It is pretty much a manual without the clutch. I like the control it gives you.

is there still "Drive" where it just works on it's own?

wifey really likes the "push the pedal and it goes option"

rockwild said:

Nope. Advantage is the quickness between 1st and reverse with a reverse manual VB. Makes saves a lot easier. As far as Timmie, I think he runs a powerglide.

rockwild said:

No Drive, that is why it is a manual VB! R-N-1-2 are all on the same gate, P and 3 are over one gate.

2-3 or 3-2 you gotta shift it right? Makes a tach and some attention necessary

I'm not sure what the VB is in my TH400 but I can either manually shift it or it will do D also. Great for downhills and just slow driving. I wish I knew what it was though.

rockwild said:
2-3 or 3-2 you gotta shift it right? Makes a tach and some attention necessary

You don't need a Tach, I have a RMVB and I don't have a tach, just shift it when I feel like it. I love mine, just make sure you get one with Compression braking.

Willymutt said:
I'm not sure what the VB is in my TH400 but I can either manually shift it or it will do D also. Great for downhills and just slow driving. I wish I knew what it was though.

Pretty sure any VB lets you do that - which is my real question

the only reason for a Manual VB is - CONTROL? ability to start in 2nd or 3rd and keep it there
No other benefit that I see, or am I missing something?

Reverse Manual VB - R N 1, 2, 3 instead of R N 3 2 1 - just preference of here, right?

my transaxle buggy is too low in 1st and low range but I can't start in 2nd or 3rd
thinkin if I remove the kickdown cable I can run in 2nd or 3rd most of the time and just shift it down when I want

Seein how no one makes a VB for a ford taurus!

but I'm also wanting to learn for a future build

Yeah my valve body shifts from top to bottom. P-R-N-1-2-3. Compression braking is also very nice on downhills