• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Vehicle scales

rchrd989

Does anyone have access to vehicle scales? I could bring my buggy to the truck scale at work, but being that it doesnt run yet and has unfinished surfaces, Id rather not. Id be willing to compensate for the help. :awesomework:

Thanks, Richard

You need a corner balance scale set. I want to do this also when I am done to help with getting the right springs for the coilovers.

Cant ya just put one corner at a time on the local weigh station scales?

I went down to the one on Mt Hyway at night when the STP was not there and unloaded my rig and pulled it on one corner and one axle at a time.

I just loo thru the window and write down the numbers. Its on 24 hours a day. Ya cant see the screen from the drivers seat, but walking over to the window gets me the view for free.

I have done severall trailers there too.

you could use a weigh station scale, some you can see the scale some you cant, just have to pull in and see when they are closed.
i like to use the one down in grahm on mt highway, you can easily put one tire on the scale at a time, and we used one over by buckly that still has a manual scale. just an fyi

One corner at a time should work just fine, I may end up doing this. It would be nice to have it on corner scales, that way I can unload the shocks with highlifts and get weight of my axles/ wheels and tires. Just an idea.

Does anyone have access to vehicle scales? I could bring my buggy to the truck scale at work, but being that it doesnt run yet and has unfinished surfaces, Id rather not. Id be willing to compensate for the help. :awesomework:

Thanks, Richard

Richard, are you a PNW4WDA member ? If so contact our comp chair. We have a set of corner scales for the racers.

Dave Taylor [email protected]

We've got a set at TR...they belong to my co-worker. He races mini stock and uses them to set up his race car. Thay are still at work and I'm sure he'd be alright with you guys useing them.....although you'd probably have to bring your cars to TR. When we weighed mine,I picked up the buggy with the fork lift and set it on the scales. I"ll ask him tomarrow if it's cool

We've got a set at TR...they belong to my co-worker. He races mini stock and uses them to set up his race car. Thay are still at work and I'm sure he'd be alright with you guys useing them.....although you'd probably have to bring your cars to TR. When we weighed mine,I picked up the buggy with the fork lift and set it on the scales. I"ll ask him tomarrow if it's cool

Sweet thanks Jeff, I'm off until Friday.

He said no problem. Running or not.....get your buggies too TR and the fork lift will do the rest. Give me a heads up when you think you'll want to do it. Even in a few months,if the scales are at Jons house he will bring them back in....he's down to play with Rock Buggies:D

Latest posts