• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Verizon MiFi 6620L w/ unlimited data for $47.75/month

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
Thought I would pass this along. I ordered it and several friends on the RV board have too.

This is an offer through Huntsville City Schools.

Bill A******* said:
I saw this post on the RV.net forum and have ordered the unit after a bit of research. If you don't believe (like I did not) just Google Huntsville, AL City Schools and nothing else. There is a link to the site on their home page. If you order one, please use my referral code 1822. I have nothing to do with the company but have been looking for this kind of deal. Read the fine print including the part that says they can throttle the unit during high usage periods and make you own decision. I will post again as soon as I have the unit in hand.

Well last year Huntsville City Schools in Huntsville, AL started a big digital transition. They have got rid of textbooks and replaced them with laptops. All kids have a laptop now and they encountered another problem. Kids with no internet at home. So they partnered with Verizon and started a great deal where parents get a Verizon MiFi router at a good price.

Well earlier in August they opened their program to the general public. There is no geographic restriction for use or purchase. The MiFi router is included and the best news is it is UNLIMITED 4g LTE data over Verizon for only $47.75 a month.
If you are interested head to http://www.hsvwifi.com

We have a mi-fi also for home/on the road. We use it when we go on the road and haven't had any issues

Re:

mdo817 said:
Any updates on the John?

Verison pulled the program. Get to keep the mifi, service ends on 11/25 or 11/30.

------

Huntsville City Schools OmniLynx

In November, 2014, Huntsville City Schools began offering OmniLynx discounted broadband wireless services to its employees. In January, 2015, HCS extended the offer to parents and the community, and shared that announcement in a presentation at the Huntsville City Schools Board of Education Meeting on January 13, 2015. During that meeting, a government sales manager for Verizon Wireless, endorsed the OmniLynx program, stating that, "… the key word was partnership. We have been working with you guys in link over the past 8 or 9 months and I just cannot say enough about how that's gone. Its really fantastic. I'm very pleased to announce everything that Jacob (with HCS) just went over."He added that, "We have gone to a nationwide type level that I had to get some approvals for these prices…. We both have the same goal and that is to better educate the children in the city of Huntsville." The OmniLynx Program would have created a way to provide free internet to school children who live in poverty.

Our enabling agreement with Verizon for OmniLynx was the WSCA (Western States Contracting Alliance Agreement). We entered into this WSCA for discounted broadband wireless with the stated intention of developing the OmniLynx Program to support the education of low income students. Verizon provided consultation, hardware and extolled the virtues of OmniLynx in a publicly broadcast meeting with the Board of Education (see video link below). There is no provision in the WSCA agreement that would prohibit any aspect of the services offered through the OmniLynx. Therefore, Verizon's statement about the district violating the terms of the agreement is completely false. In fact, Verizion provided the equipment, training, and connected the lines that allowed our OmniLynx program to provide the services extended to the public with the objective of expanding WiFi service to support education.

The statement by Verizon that it "has notified the school system it will support only those lines within the scope of the agreement"is also completely false. On October 30, 2015, Verizon notified Huntsville City Schools that it would discontinue all services, stating that,"Verizon's notice of cancellation is for the HCS Participating Addendum in its entirety."The notification states that Verizon is only willing to continue any services with HCS if it agrees to enter into a new agreement. The district will not enter into a future agreement with a company that is prone to cancel existing agreements at will and without regard to the impact of such cancellation on our students.

----------

I did find out that Verizon does offer a prepaid, no contract plan for those of us with our own Jetpacks that seems reasonable to me.

2GB - $35.00
5GB - $60.00
10GB-$100.00

You have 2 months to use the data, then it goes away, and they have a 24/7 phoneline that you can buy more data if & when you need it.

I have also been told that there may be some specials offered by Verizon on Black Friday for data,,,,,,,we shall see!

-----------