• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

vortec to propane swap(should i)

Well, Like you said, nobody's perfect-sorry to hear you had a bum experience!!At least the guy here was able to help.... did he mention what he found wrong w/ it?

Regulator was bypassing fuel at 10psi.

I would not buy from Lindertech again ONLY because I now know about the shop in Federal Way, Not because I think there is anything wrong with Lindertech. Even the guy at Dr. Injector said Lindertech is a great outfit and they know what there doing.

hell no go propane!! It's cheaper than gas.$2.10 a gallon

X2 I'm rebuilding a 4.3 to put in my jeep and planning to run it on propane, mainly for simplicity but if its cheaper too thats even better. :awesomework:

I am in the process of switching from an external fuel pump to an in tank (I have a vortec motor), you might consider using a 97 suburban fuel pump, they put out enough pressure and flow obviously and a carter is only $74 dollars from shucks, the strainer is another $7. It also comes with in-tank hose, a wiring harness, and rubber isolators. Plus if it ever goes out it is under warranty and in stock all over the country.

I would go propane if I were starting from scratch, but I already had gotten my truck running so I will stay with injection since the work is already done. I am changing pumps from the E2000 since it is noisy and hard to keep primed, and this pump is cheaper.