• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Vulcanizing longevity?

LightBnDr

Maybe this has been beat to death but I couldn't really find specific experience or answers on the subject.

I have a red that's like brand new and has been vulcanized. Work looks good, comparable to all the pictures in previous threads and online.

This tire is a spare. Was wanting to know who has vulcanized one and run it full time? Raced on it consistently? Any worries? Did it hold up or still holding up?

Good lord. I hope so! Man I never even thought bout that. I drive all the time around my neighborhood at 30+ mph. One if not 2 of the tires have big circles where they where fixed. I think it's a good job tho. I saw a pic not to long ago with the plug hangin out of the tire bout half inch!! Hahaha. Hell to fawk no! No way I would leave the shop with some bullshit like that .. So far mine are good. Now I'm thinkin bout it Tho. :****:

My dad has a 5,600# Rockwell buggy with pitbulls! That said all five of the tires have atleast one place vulcanized! All are on the sidewall or close to it. Never had a problem with the same place twice.

I ran a set of bfg reds for 5+ years. Think I had maybe one tire that hadn't been vulcanized......I raced ECORS, rode at least once a month for a couple years with no vulcanize failures. Over time they will start leaking around the vulcanize area. Slow leak, after a few days in the garage, tires would be flat. I started running slime in them and no more leaking. Landers Tire in Shelbyville, TN did my vulcanizing work.

I've never had a vulc start leaking unless it was in a really bad spot they didn't want to fix anyway..

The guys I use always put a huge boot/patch inside the tire where the vulc is.. I've continued to wheel repaired tires for a long time..

As long as the cut is in the sidewall and not into the tread or into the bead theres nothing to worry about IMO

I had a set of TSL's that were probably vulcanized 15-20 times between me and the previous owner never had any issues with the fixed spots I wouldn't be scared of a vulcanized tire as long as it is done right.

Hate to derail the thread but who does a good job vulcanizing? The set of reds I have my my toyota need some fixing up desperately. Closer to north Alabama the better. Again sorry bout that

Jacksonwolf39 said:
Hate to derail the thread but who does a good job vulcanizing? The set of reds I have my my toyota need some fixing up desperately. Closer to north Alabama the better. Again sorry bout that

There's a place in West Jefferson that supposedly can fix a hole that a volleyball could fit through, but it;s gotta be bias ply. Won't touch a radial.

Holcome tire in Russelville Al best around done plenty for me and he is a fellow wheeler so he understands what we put them through

My tires have no big gashes or anything. They jus are krawler red labels and have about 40% left and are all cracked and **** and leak down after a week. So I'll give them a call and see if they can help

Jacksonwolf39 said:
My tires have no big gashes or anything. They jus are krawler red labels and have about 40% left and are all cracked and **** and leak down after a week. So I'll give them a call and see if they can help

If you don't have any cuts or holes, there is nothing to vulcanize. Run slime

wizzo said:
If you don't have any cuts or holes, there is nothing to vulcanize. Run slime

X2

I bought a gallon of slime off amazon, put a quart in each of my old iroks that leaked down bad. Now they hold air fine and don't burp beads like they used to.

Bennett tire in Cullman did one for me. Little high $100 from what others have said, but it's holding air.