• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

W.O.W. Ashford Christmas tree run

Son of a... Need to quit posting with my blackberry :p

Started out today following the full size guys and just couldn't run their tracks. I kept getting high centered. (Great meeting you guys by the way)

Started to head out and turned around at the first Y, went up and passed hotrod (nice meeting you as well) and we went just about to the top. I lost a couple beads so we turned around. Got back just about to the bottom and there was a newish cummins burried past the frame rails, and at this point I'd lost another bead.

Took a while to get him and myself going. But just a few hundred feet behind us there was a cluster fawk of stock rigs stuck. Found the dodge at about 1 and we didn't get going until 6, and we were only like 1/2 a mile into the damn trail.

All I really got were some sweet poser shots of my grand and my friends frontier, I'll throw some up in the morning

Thats a good looking tree.. Did you have to hike very far to get that bad boy?
No...it was right off the road near the top. There was a small clearing where there was a fire still smoldering, some nice trees in that area.

I'm glad I was out early, as on the way down alot of the road was getting chewed up by all the heavy, stuck fullsizes....:haha:

We are planning on making it down tomorrow. I'm not sure if we can make it by 9am from Redmond. If we are late I don't want to hold you guys up, but if you could give me specifics I'll catch up. Once we hit snow I'm sure you all won't be hard to track. Keep in mind I'm new to Washington so directions like "turn right where the old school house used to be" won't get it.

If I don't hear back by morning I'll just go find Elbe and see what kind of trouble I can get into there.

Larry

Good to meet you and your wife Larry... we'll have to put back some beers at KOH :beer:

Good to meet you and your wife Larry... we'll have to put back some beers at KOH :beer:

Nice meeting your bunch as well. Next time would you mind not blocking the trail.:D Thanks for letting us share the fire.

Beers at KOH...Done. We will be there all week+, taking the motorhome. How long will you be there?

Nice meeting your bunch as well. Next time would you mind not blocking the trail.:D Thanks for letting us share the fire.

Beers at KOH...Done. We will be there all week+, taking the motorhome. How long will you be there?

Haha sorry... I had to stop when the crewcab in front of me did. Were you broadsided on the way down?
We will be @ KOH for a week, not sure if i'll still own the motorhome but will probably keep it till the big race is over.
Have a good one :beer:

Good run.........shitty snow/frost/ice stuff.

LOTS OF RECOVERY but all in all a good day.

I flew up the mountain in third gear so fast.

Then the way down was well, a little slower.:corn:

It was good to meet you Brad! I had fun watching you go around everyone on 2 wheels!! I wish someone had a picture of that!! Also it was good to meet your buddy Rob!! Good Freekin people!!!! :awesomework:

Last edited:

Larry..glad to hear you met up with a good group:awesomework:....This is Gabriel, I was in the white XJ with the other 2 xj's at the Gas station... Was waiting there for a extra hour for them to show up.. And honestly, we didnt have to go to far till we met up with another group of wheelers..Then we didnt make it far either...:rolleyes::haha:

Larry..glad to hear you met up with a good group:awesomework:....This is Gabriel, I was in the white XJ with the other 2 xj's at the Gas station... Was waiting there for a extra hour for them to show up.. And honestly, we didnt have to go to far till we met up with another group of wheelers..Then we didnt make it far either...:rolleyes::haha:
The ground was so frozen I couldn't tell what tracks were fresh so I wasn't sure which way you went. We found Mr250 and Dirty Goat, hung out for awhile then headed over to Elbe to check it out. Good day.

Haha sorry... I had to stop when the crewcab in front of me did. Were you broadsided on the way down?
We will be @ KOH for a week, not sure if i'll still own the motorhome but will probably keep it till the big race is over.
Have a good one :beer:

Yeah I got ran into by a runner on my way down. He was bombing up the road as I was going down. He never lifted and tried to go around me,I couldn't get out of the ruts quick enough and he couldn't stay out of the ruts long enough to get around and we hit pretty hard. I don't think either of us had a scratch. He must have hit my tire. No problem. I think he said his name was Nick.

Thanks for the help Gabe. Got it all taken care of there in ashford

IMG_4179.jpg

the dam in the back. Alder dam I think?
IMG_4182.jpg

my buddies kid I brought with me on the way up
IMG_4183.jpg

COLD!
IMG_4187.jpg

The washout I'd been hearin about
IMG_4188.jpg

IMG_4192.jpg

IMG_4195.jpg

Dana 30 pushing ice
IMG_4196.jpg

Where we decided to head back and find a different trail. Couldn't push through the center as it was frozen solid
IMG_4208.jpg

Snowball time
IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

I floated reall well on top, just couldnt drive in the full size ruts without high centering.
IMG_4228.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4233.jpg

The Washout again
IMG_4241.jpg

hand warmers haha
IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4257.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

Yeah I got ran into by a runner on my way down. He was bombing up the road as I was going down. He never lifted and tried to go around me,I couldn't get out of the ruts quick enough and he couldn't stay out of the ruts long enough to get around and we hit pretty hard. I don't think either of us had a scratch. He must have hit my tire. No problem. I think he said his name was Nick.

Thats Rabecca's BF...:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Glad you 2 were ok..well I should say you 4:redneck:.....

He's a real good guy, you got the name right... spanaway mudder though? He's alright once you get to know him I suppose.

Everyone i met seemed like good people as is usual offroad. we look forward to the next time. Maybe I'll crash into Rebecca's boy next time.:beer::beer:

IMG_4179.jpg

So this was you? How far did ya guys make it up after I passed/talked with ya? I was in the white 4Runner with the tree on top.:redneck:
Get a tree?

So this was you? How far did ya guys make it up after I passed/talked with ya? I was in the white 4Runner with the tree on top.:redneck:
Get a tree?

yup. We went up about 4-5 miles past where I talked to you. I dont know if you remember the little creek going up, but I hit it with my foot in the gas and when my front passenger tire hit it stuck and the rim spun. Didnt have air so threw my spare on and headed back.

Got down to the big clearing just past where I saw you and ran into a 3/4 ton cummins burried deep. Spent an hour getting him unstuck, then had another 5 rigs behind him stuck.

all in all it was close to a 6 hour recovery at that point, and I didnt get a tree.

Not a problem Maxx:awesomework:... Just doing what I do... helping others out as much as others help me..(THAT's ALOT:redneck:)....

Besides.. When you need assistants like that, dont be afraid to ask a stranger, closed mouths dont get fed..:awesomework:

Glad you were able to get back on the road and head for home...:awesomework:

Got down to the big clearing just past where I saw you and ran into a 3/4 ton cummins burried deep. Spent an hour getting him unstuck, then had another 5 rigs behind him stuck.

all in all it was close to a 6 hour recovery at that point, and I didnt get a tree.

Yeah...that guy in the Dodge was just putting on chains when I saw him....and he was barely making progress after that. Must have gotten stuck just a few hundred yards from there....:haha:

Too bad about the tree....always go back if ya got your tag.:beer:

Yeah...that guy in the Dodge was just putting on chains when I saw him....and he was barely making progress after that. Must have gotten stuck just a few hundred yards from there....:haha:

Too bad about the tree....always go back if ya got your tag.:beer:

Iam not sure if there open to cut, but the tree's near the shooting pit on the way up to Elbe ORV look like perfect tree's to cut:awesomework: