• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WA DNR Trail Policy Public Meetings

japerry

If you're able to attend and leave comments, please do! We need support for user-built trails and more agile trail building methods. More on this to come. In the meantime, put one of the following meetings on your calendar!

DNR seeks public input to develop trail policy
Public meetings scheduled statewide
OLYMPIA â€" The Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is inviting the public to a series of open houses across the state to gather ideas and discuss the development of an agency recreational trail policy.

This follows a decision by the legislature in March 2014, which requires the agency to develop a recreational trail policy for DNR-managed lands.

A recreational trail policy will help DNR to continue managing natural resources while providing a broad range of sustainable recreation opportunities, including non-motorized and motorized activities such as hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, motorcycle and ATV riding, and 4x4 use.

Meetings scheduled across Washington state
Join DNR at these public open houses to learn more about the project, share your thoughts, and find out how to participate further in the process.

Thursday, September 18
6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
DNR Northwest Region
NW Region Conference Center
919 N Township Street
Sedro Woolley, WA 98284

Monday, September 22
6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
DNR Pacific Cascade Region
Dollars Corner Fire Station #26
21609 NE 72nd Avenue
Battle Ground, WA 98604

Wednesday, September 24
6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
DNR Southeast Region
Hal Holmes Community Center
209 N Ruby Street
Ellensburg, WA 98926

Thursday, September 25
6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
DNR Northeast Region
Mountain Gear Corporate Headquarters
6021 E Mansfield Avenue
Spokane Valley, WA 99212

Tuesday, September 30
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
DNR South Puget Sound Region
King County Library System Service Center Conference Room
960 Newport Way NW
Issaquah, WA 98027

Thursday, October 2
6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
DNR Olympic Region
Port Angeles Senior Center
328 E 7th Street
Port Angeles, WA 98362

For more information please visit: http://bit.ly/DNRTrailPolicy

The first meeting is tonight and we (wheelers)need to show up and let dnr know that we just don't want graveled roads.

4x4/ATV/singletrack were pretty well represented...4 of our crew were there, along with some from other clubs as well as individuals in the North end.

It went well,they have a format and five question that they would like us to answer.

Wheelers really need to get evolved and go one of the meeting.a couple hours for a meeting that could help us in the long run.

I thought about going to the one in Battleground, but Maps tells me it is 2.5 hours away. I'd need to miss some work. The one in Issaquah would be no problem.

Is there any benefit to us if the same person goes to more than one meeting?

Yes, shows you're passionate about this...I have not heard of any restrictions, so I say go for it. :awesomework:

Ill be going to the one in battleground today. It would be great to see more people there. Im trying to get a few others to go with me.

Is there anyway we can show our input without being there? I would not be able to make it to any of the locations (even Ellensburg) due to my work schedule right now.

As the policy is starting to form stay on contact with it. The most important thing that will help us is equality

Make sure that all sides are treated equally, this will slow down the enviros a lot with there bitcing

As the policy is starting to form stay on contact with it. The most important thing that will help us is equality

Make sure that all sides are treated equally, this will slow down the enviros a lot with there bitcing

Very true.

If we don't stay engaged in the process, others will and the outcome will not be to our liking.

Well, I went to the meeting last night in Battleground. There was only 3 people there that were 4 wheel drive users, and there were a few quad people. And of course nonmotorized people.

My $.05 on the meeting is, if we as a user group want to have a say we need to get on the committee that is making the policy. So I would encourage everyone to apply for it. If a ton of people apply then we stand a better chance of our voice getting heard.

I'm all set to go to the meeting in Issaquah this Tuesday. Anyone else I know from here plan on attending? While I'm not 100% sure what to expect I cannot wait to have a good conversation with these people.

That was fairly productive. What this could mean for all of us is both exciting and terrifying at the same time.

I am considering applying for one of Trail Policy Planning Committee positions.

That was fairly productive. What this could mean for all of us is both exciting and terrifying at the same time.

I am considering applying for one of Trail Policy Planning Committee positions.

Hell yes...Do tell...
:corn: