• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WA DNR Trail Policy Public Meetings

Brock seemed to indicate he'd make sure there is a good group of balanced users.

Hope so.
I might take pressure.
The Teanaway Community Forest Committee has 20 members and only one representing any form of motorized recreation.

Is that because no one applied or were we shut out ? I would like to believe the latter but expieriance is the former.

I put my application in the mail yesterday morning. No copy/paste, fill out and resend as an attachment BS here either. I filled out the application paper I received at the Tumwater meeting by hand and mailed it in. Fingers crossed.

:beer: thats great Mike! The more of us to apply the better, I'm hoping that a few motorized interests will be on this panel.

That is brilliant work Jakob. Your article sums up how I feel about it perfectly. My whole approach to constructing policy for DNR revolves around controlling the immediate area around the trail, not the trail itself. This is a concept I'm sure the quad, dirt bike and even the mountain bike enthusiasts can get behind. Awesome read dude. That was well done.

:beer: thats great Mike! The more of us to apply the better, I'm hoping that a few motorized interests will be on this panel.

Me too. There needs to be some kind of team. Even if it's only two of us.

I would love to toss my hat in the ring but there is no way I could even make it all the way to North Bend on time fort the 1st meeting. :mad:

And there in lies one our biggest fights against the greenies. They either have paid people at these meetings or and a more dedicated volunteer base. Not everyone can just take time off work at will. I am glad to see a couple of folks stepping up to do these meetings since I have already used up nearly 400 hrs of work time this year. Burnout is a killer for sure.

And there in lies one our biggest fights against the greenies. They either have paid people at these meetings or and a more dedicated volunteer base. Not everyone can just take time off work at will. I am glad to see a couple of folks stepping up to do these meetings since I have already used up nearly 400 hrs of work time this year. Burnout is a killer for sure.

Just like large 4x4 organizations that don't what to have anything to do with different types of wheeling other then the type they themselves like to do...

The pnw4wda supports all aspects of our sport. What we need is for people to put their biases aside and join so we could get some real power in numbers. Until people wake up and realize that we will just keep paddling this canoe with our hands.

The pnw4wda supports all aspects of our sport. What we need is for people to put their biases aside and join so we could get some real power in numbers. Until people wake up and realize that we will just keep padfeling this canoe with our hands.

Can we get a "broken record" smiley for the olden timers story?

You do realize, that if ALL the 4x4 users decided to join the PNW, it would drastically change the PNW. In more ways than the "olden timers" would ever imagine. No more little tires.. No more tiny rigs.. No more 'this is how we always did it' stories..

You do realize, that if ALL the 4x4 users decided to join the PNW, it would drastically change the PNW. In more ways than the "olden timers" would ever imagine. No more little tires.. No more tiny rigs.. No more 'this is how we always did it' stories..

Yes it would but why do you promote the idea that were all "little tires" when you know as a member were not like that at all. The "old timers"are there because everyone one else is to lazy to care :booo: