• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wagoneer Questions

I recall the wagoneers being spring under, so you could probably just go spring over with the stock springs and be set for 33's if not bigger.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind.

To add a little more to my question here, I'm more or less curious about which years came with the 'best' drivetrain. I assume they changed motors, transmission, and transfercases over the years. Is there a particular year range I should just shy away from?

dissconnect front axles suck.

quadractac sucks too.

what do you want to look at? 2 or 4 doors?

Engines are good, th400s kick ass too.

I think n 1980 they changed to driver side drop front ends and started using 727 tf tranny's before 80 it was passenger drop front ends and th400's and quadra trac t cases sucks balls.

I had a 1980s waggy with a 360ci, 727, Quadratrac, 1 piece AMC 20 rear, and Dana 44 front. It had over 300,000 miles on it and was a good vehicle, especially in the snow. Some of the older ones have a TH400/Dana 20 combo. Stay away from the funky disconnect Dana 44 front. I would look for a 1978ish or newer.

The funky disconnect front end is normally in the 84 to 85 area and my opinion is 86 and newer are the better ones they have the driverside dana 44 and the almost centered rear dana 44 they also have the front leaf springs everybody is after the down fall seems to be the 727 torque flight and the transfercase.The 80 to 85 have the driverside dana 44 and a model 20 in the rear. The older 70's version has a dana 44 passanger drop in front and an offset in the rear but they do have good turbo 400 trannies and some time great transfercases.

Wagoneers were made by JEEP bad ass off the hook wheelers :awesomework::haha:

Latest posts