• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walk around--sunday

So after spending a few hours here are my concerns with whats there..

Even though its a green trail there are spots where the rock placement is poor. The rocks are not there to simply drive over (like a curb) but are meant to make the driver think where they are driving.

Tree removal. There are many spots where tree's are removed near the ground. This makes no sense as where a number of trees that were removed would have added to the trail and helped with the trail boundary had 3-4' was left..

They have removed some trees on the tight and twisty and again they removed them at or near the ground. In many spots the trail was located due to those trees and now makes that part useless.

Looks interesting. When will the 4x4 trails be open to the public?

Sadly I don't see anything till mid spring. We are running out of time to lay more stuff on the ground..

Also as I see it right now this trail is a test and with that it will only get better..

ALso that one pile of rocks will be fun....

Even though its a green trail there are spots where the rock placement is poor. The rocks are not there to simply drive over (like a curb) but are meant to make the driver think where they are driving.

Tree removal. There are many spots where tree's are removed near the ground. This makes no sense as where a number of trees that were removed would have added to the trail and helped with the trail boundary had 3-4' was left..

They have removed some trees on the tight and twisty and again they removed them at or near the ground. In many spots the trail was located due to those trees and now makes that part useless.
i will second that,

So how do you balance tight trails with big heavy rocks with wages for equipment operators and access for the heavy equipment?

Also who siad we could not take an 8 foot long log and bury 4 feet of it in the ground...

This trail is not "completed" yet... :stirpot:

So how do you balance tight trails with big heavy rocks with wages for equipment operators and access for the heavy equipment?

Also who siad we could not take an 8 foot long log and bury 4 feet of it in the ground...

This trail is not "completed" yet... :stirpot:

I don't have those answers... All I am doing is giving good input that we really need to look at. without input we cannot make things "better". If you want them to stay in a narrow mind set then thats your choice--not mine..

So you would want to bury a log 4 feet in the ground by hand?

I don't have those answers... All I am doing is giving good input that we really need to look at. without input we cannot make things "better". If you want them to stay in a narrow mind set then thats your choice--not mine..

So you would want to bury a log 4 feet in the ground by hand?

I know i won't be sinking 8 ft. logs in the ground 4 ft.!!

I am just asking the question...
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
and yes if that means we can add more to the trail sure I'll help dig... This is a green trail but I hope DNR learns a few things as I suspect they already have...
<o:p></o:p>
I also anticipate several of the trails only needing the top loamy material removed to reveal natural obstacles where this trail really had none to speak of...<o:p></o:p>

I am just asking the question...
<!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /--><o:p></o:p>
and yes if that means we can add more to the trail sure I'll help dig... This is a green trail but I hope DNR learns a few things as I suspect they already have...
<o:p></o:p>
I also anticipate several of the trails only needing the top loamy material removed to reveal natural obstacles where this trail really had none to speak of...<o:p></o:p>

I am willing to bet allot of $$ they have learned allot doing this trail--and why we need to give good input.

Heck with digging--thats why they have a nice small trackho that would do easy work of it :D

Every spot I checked looking like only 4-5" of material on the ground. When I first saw the pics and saw the trail I was like "WTF--looks like a road". But I can see that quickly fixing itself after some use.

For those who are going WTF---look at down the road(no pun intended :D) at the trail not now.

I personally am pretty excited what I am seeing because this trail alone will top a single trail at walker and its only going to get better...

I made a bunch of notes and going to try and make it to the focus meeting..

I know i won't be sinking 8 ft. logs in the ground 4 ft.!!

I am willing to bet allot of $$ they have learned allot doing this trail--and why we need to give good input.

Heck with digging--thats why they have a nice small trackho that would do easy work of it :D

Every spot I checked looking like only 4-5" of material on the ground. When I first saw the pics and saw the trail I was like "WTF--looks like a road". But I can see that quickly fixing itself after some use.

For those who are going WTF---look at down the road(no pun intended :D) at the trail not now.

I personally am pretty excited what I am seeing because this trail alone will top a single trail at walker and its only going to get better...

Yes Mike I am Old:rolleyes: But i think i did good all day Digging in the dirt with Charlie Saturday!!!!!! untill the next day!!!Kinda sore!!:haha::haha::beer:

And yes you need to make it to the Focus group meetings!!!!:stirpot::corn:

The problem is that DNR doesn't take minutes for the meetings and the information that you giver at the meeting will ge nowhere. There will be a time in the near future for input when they have an open house for the trail. Same as they did for the ST

The trail is what it is. The first trail at Reiter. It isn't that the trail failed or DNR doesn't know what they are doing. there is a lot in the back ground that is happening with politics and general kissing ass

All I can say is stay positive and hold your coments for the right time :awesomework:
Now isn't the time

In my opinion...the fact that we are even this far in the game is a good thing.

More trails are better than less trails, and a reason to keep my rig just that much longer.

If this place opens by next fall...I will be very happy.

In my opinion...the fact that we are even this far in the game is a good thing.

More trails are better than less trails, and a reason to keep my rig just that much longer.

If this place opens by next fall...I will be very happy.

We are pushing--and we will never give up........