• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker, Ron's Run Re-route....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Money Mark

Please.....Oh, ****ing please! tell me they did not block it off with logs. If they did......how many ****ing times will we make these blockades with the false security of logs? Have we learned nothing?

I hope huge rocks were used instead......hell, even a simple posted sign would be better than logs.

Please.....Oh, ****ing please! tell me they did not block it off with logs. If they did......how many ****ing times will we make these blockades with the false security of logs? Have we learned nothing?

I hope huge rocks were used instead......hell, even a simple posted sign would be better than logs.

yup logs lots of free firewood:stirpot:

You do relize the $$ cost of doing one over the other right? Not to mention the equipment needed for large rocks.

Do what is within the means and educate those who are not in the know.

Do what is within the means and educate those who are not in the know.

....and realize you are not making the difference implied with the action.

But I know your next question, "What would you do?" Glad you asked:redneck:

First, bigdog is right, this by-pass was (probably) made by a less equipped or broken rig. The trail itself is the issue.....not the users. By "blocking" anything you have implied the guilty party.

It is obvious to me that the constructed trail needs adjustments made to correct the design flaw in it's "route logistics". I understand the trails was designed to avoid the "swale" (where water naturally collects/travels). So I have a crazy idea for these folks with an attraction to using logs........built a bridge. A lashed log bridge layed directly on the ground. Even if done poorly, the end result will be a temporary route where it is OBVIOUSLY necessary.

Legal side: If as a volunteer you don't have to obtain permits or take an instruction course to use the logs as blockades, logic tells me "lay 'em as you see fit".

Side note: Oh hell yes rocks are more difficult and expensive to move. Duh:rolleyes: So when we "Do what is within the means" lets stop making the same mistakes over and over. Time for a little change, don't you think?

Well, whether you like or not Mark, the swale is where forestry does NOT want tracks running up (give Elyse or even Jakob a call---they were both there with forestry at the beginning), which is why that needs blocked---there are plans of better defining the trail route, but this won't be executed until april at the soonest...more likely may....and yes, the plan is for LARGER ROCKS. If a person can't make the original trail in it's current state, maybe they should reconsider running that section. Hell, we had more than one smaller-tired rig run the right path with a little winching (part of the game we play).....there's no need to blast a trail. If someone breaks on a trail (sorry to hear Doug!), that's also part of the game we play...
I agree some sort of signage NEEDS put there, maybe even the reason why...with that said there were a couple ideas thrown out there that I think would work for bypassing the hardest section of the trail, and it's not going to go up the swale, but we need to clear it with DNR before anything can happen there....what we can do as volunteers is try to keep them on the right path by blocking it, and try to educate those that aren't...But yeah, a sign would be helpful....

So usually wheelers are set up diferent
If all in my group are set up and I'm just getting to the sport with a fairly
Set up rig I shouldn't go that's ****ed all rigs should have access to all trails
:mad:

In your experience, does "blocking it" work?
For a bit, yes...until the next uneducated, or 'give-a-rats' knocks it out---which is why I agree some signage certainly can't hurt...Again, the original design intent of this particular trail was for a harder section of trail, but with a little winching or a pull here and there, can be made by smaller less equipped rigs...two rigs we had in our group were open/open, and with the exception of the logs where a quick tug was needed, they made it thru... I'm not saying nothing needs to be done---but the swale is not an option.
Set up rig I shouldn't go that's ****ed all rigs should have access to all trails
They do....What, are they afraid of a strap, or using their winch (if equipped)?

Ya--so you might have to winch here and there. I thought that was part of wheelin?

I don't want to mess up the latest Walker thread....Can a mod move some of the latest posts over here please?!?
There was basically a bunch of discussion regarding the re-route, and the need for bypasses. The problem with the one in question is forestry and DNR does not want tracks running up the swale due to its proximity...
The design intent was for a harder section of trail, but still passable with lesser-equipped rigs. Granted,a small part of it has evolved to a more difficult section, but the rest is still very passable by such a vehicle (been there, seen it..)....There was some discussion of a bypass the last time we were up there (2wks ago), but unfortunately we can't move forward with anything until such time as (1) it's ok'd, and (2) weather permits...
Until then, we are to stick to the original path of the trail.

For a bit, yes...until the next uneducated, or 'give-a-rats' knocks it out------but the swale is not an option.

You're not being fair and realistic to the real issue. And by default, you're blaming "well equipped rigs" on the by-pass use. Ask yourself......Why would a well equipped rigs use the by-pass? You're saying EVERY by-pass is caused by "jerk wheelers". That simply isn't true Kevin......tell me you know this. ???

I understand you have been told the swale isn't an option, your minds is set. Good. Me too. But you say that a blockade is the answer, like you have no understanding, or "pulse" of real world wheelers. I know this isn't the case. Is it? So why do you (and others, not just picking on you) insist a blockade is correcting to the issue, when you know it's temporary; at best.

I'm frustrated with the wasted efforts......and I'm pisses that anyone suggests and supports the wasted efforts. You might be earning Brownie points with the DNR and able to pat yourself on the back, but you're not wining any battles here.

Time to change your whole outlook and perspective......I hope you do.

Ya--so you might have to winch here and there. I thought that was part of wheelin?

Yea but if you have a rear locker no winch and a asshole of a frend
Who ditched you that. Day your ****ed thair should be a re rout
And if your broken right at rons run who wants to drop off all that
Bottom line thair should be a good by pass built to spec:awesomework:

Your personal rational of the hypothetical situation will not and does not change the reality. People will use or create a by-pass when needed.

You can't rationalize out the fact of by-passes and their necessity.

I'm worried if you can't see this.......:eeek:

Well, when 'set up' rigs in a group behind you start to run up the bypass to get past us, what are you supposed to think???? Not one of the rigs in the group behind us were lesser-equipped...
I understand the frustration of futile efforts, and I assure you it's not to get a pat on the back persay...it is working with what we currently have to work with at the time...to try and keep what's there... there.
Ask yourself this, if an effort is not at least made to keep folks on the right path, do you think the trail would be there (legally)???

So you want to make the trails so a 2wd can get onto them?

What's the spec??? Even I don't know what the spec is....If I had to guess though, you'd get more small rocks, essentially making another 'easy valley connector'....
Sounds like the guy needs better friends....:redneck:

Ask yourself this, if an effort is not at least made to keep folks on the right path, do you think the trail would be there (legally)???

You took it too far......I never once said "nothing should be done". I'm saying that blocking a by-pass (with logs:rolleyes:) on a hard trail is pointless. You don't think it is pointless. I wish you would see that it is.

You tried plan A....it doesn't work. Time to try plan B.

Your personal rational of the hypothetical situation will not and does not change the reality. People will use or create a by-pass when needed.

You can't rationalize out the fact of by-passes and their necessity.

I'm worried if you can't see this.......:eeek:

People will create a bypass for many reasons.. You see more for looking for a "harder" line than an easy one.

So you want to make the trails so a 2wd can get onto them?

Mike.....when in the history of metaphoric examples has ANYONE said yes to this?

You went from supporting blocking the by-pass with logs to opposing paving the existing trail. Bigdog and I are focused on the by-pass.......not the trail itself. The trail is fine, I think we can all agree on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.