• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker, Ron's Run Re-route....

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMFG :haha:

I could see a bypass if it was something bad ass. But putting it in for you don't have to get out of your ill equipped rig and pull cable

If that is the case then pave the f%cker

What a bunch of gurl scouts

rant off

I agree with you, however bikes and quad are the bigger issue here. Neither can make it around this, and many don't have winches.

Until we can have gate keepers at the entrance as well as signage as well as a route for the bikes to take ... there has to be around. Otherwise, as money has said. People will make em for us.

Why has it been implied, by more than a few, that creating a necessary by-pass is in turn "paving the trail"? How do you come to that conclusion? It doesn't add up. In fact, creating a by-pass ensures the original trail does not get "paved".

Use logic.

The section of trail bypassed by going through the swale is completey blown out right now. I can't remeber a trail so torn up, I can see it being a handfull for more streetable rigs. I have cut through the swale to bypass a large group of "stockish" rigs hung up in the muck.

I agree with you, however bikes and quad are the bigger issue here. Neither can make it around this, and many don't have winches.

Until we can have gate keepers at the entrance as well as signage as well as a route for the bikes to take ... there has to be around. Otherwise, as money has said. People will make em for us.

Bikes and quads are supposed to take the original route.

Wasn't your/the original intent for this trail to be for 4x4's only...and being at least moderately built (aka...D.D.)? Wasn't that the vision you had when this all came about??? Don't the bikes/quads have another way thru via another trail nearby???

I think I'm a realist.

Normally you are:cool:but this issue has you contradicting your typical realism approach.

By-passes will be made. Blocking them does not serve a positive result. A by-pass avoiding the swale is necessary.

Bikes and quads are supposed to take the original route.

Wasn't your/the original intent for this trail to be for 4x4's only...and being at least moderately built (aka...D.D.)? Wasn't that the vision you had when this all came about??? Don't the bikes/quads have another way thru via another trail nearby???

Oh so I wished. and some bikers have made this a reality. But there are "NO VEHICLES' signs posted at the top, as well as some tank traps to indicate otherwise.

Elyse was worried that the small water crossing we used to use was going to a problem for bikes. I don't get it. It should be left open so they go that route, and 4x4s go our route. Instead you now have bikes going down a swale because they can't do some of the 4x4 stuff.

Common sense is competing with idealism here. Ideally DNR wants to see a culvert and needs to get another 1/2mile of trail approved by olympia for the bikes. We want to see a 4x4 trail, and basically made one. The competing needs, along with lack of funding, as well as DNR red tape is why we are left with the issue we have today.

Put a freakin' 6' wide bypass around the rock and be down with it. I would do it today if I had my Jeep running. If I get my jeep working by friday I'll probably end up going out there and doing it.

Oh so I wished. and some bikers have made this a reality. But there are "NO VEHICLES' signs posted at the top, as well as some tank traps to indicate otherwise.

If this is the case then the DNR is just being stupid. Even then the "log line" is supposed to be an easy line. If bikes can't do it them adjust the line so they can.......
Having bypasses around bypasses just teaches everyone that bypasses are OK. Next thing you know it will be Reiter pit #2.:rolleyes:

If this thread has made clear anything, it's that there will HAVE to be.

Even Tahuya has bypasses for everything, save for a few very short sections where you can play on a hill. And in the longest of those you can turn around at either destination and head back.

We still close off bypasses all the time. But it usually starts with dirtbikes or quads and grows quickly. Usually because they are avoiding water.

Even Tahuya has bypasses for everything, save for a few very short sections where you can play on a hill. And in the longest of those you can turn around at either destination and head back.

We still close off bypasses all the time. But it usually starts with dirtbikes or quads and grows quickly. Usually because they are avoiding water.

I thought Tahuya was a bypass?

Next thing you know it will be Reiter pit #2. quote Binder.

where calling it walker pit now havent you heard.:stirpot:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.