• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker Valley 'lets get Expressway open' Work Party

there is a big tree down blocking access to this trail loop a couple hundred yards down from youre attention one way in out trail signs as of 6/19

Was out there last Wed. the 20th. It was still across the trail....we cleared a bunch of the branchs and bashed under it both directions. Pulled the cord outa my saw last fall so I didn't cut it out.

Thanks Jeff, Rick was wondering if he needed to go check it out still or not, I'll pass him the word to go take a gander.

Well I guess we will have to get that big piece of machinery in there after all..

:mad: :mad: :mad:
main.php

At least they didn't try to get past the secondary barriers... the washout is still intact.

main.php

I don't really blame anyone for this, except myself... I feel that wheeling, or people to be more exact, are like a river. We knew it was going to be iffy not having anything but hand tools to erect these bollards, and sadly our theory was correct.

Wheelers seem to be a fast flowing river -- hard to control, hard to manage. But if you build the right stuff, hopefully you can get the river to flow in directions you'd prefer.

This is why its so important to get this trail back open. Its like we put a dam in the river, are trying to save a small town by putting up a dyke to hold out the rising waters, but the dam won't let enough water though so it keeps rising. Mark my words -- if we don't get this fixed soon, it'll only be a matter of time until someone makes it through.

If we go about blaming us vs them, we will always lose. because the river is much stronger than man.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter who one blames because "them" can easily cause a river to be damned up good and tight....

Going through a plastic barrier that is falling apart and is not very visible is one thing....ripping out posts that re concrete in with bright orange wrapping is another....

Going through a plastic barrier that is falling apart and is not very visible is one thing....ripping out posts that re concrete in with bright orange wrapping is another....
Agreed. "Them" in this case blatantly tore down obvious and [obviously] purpose built fences and barricades. I have less blame to anyone that followed later not knowing it was taken down incorrectly.

Was there any signage explaining the what, why and consequences if action persisted? Some people might ignore it still, but it would go along way in the "education" portion of intelligent and responsible wheelers that come upon a situation like that.

Was there any signage explaining the what, why and consequences if action persisted? Some people might ignore it still, but it would go along way in the "education" portion of intelligent and responsible wheelers that come upon a situation like that.

This is something I'm not happy with DNR about. They were supposed to post signs here, but I saw no evidence that they were ever put up. There is supposed to be a sign up at the top.

Sadly, we will probably need to drop trees along this road until the new trail is built.

This is something I'm not happy with DNR about. They were supposed to post signs here, but I saw no evidence that they were ever put up. There is supposed to be a sign up at the top.

Sadly, we will probably need to drop trees along this road until the new trail is built.

Sounds like fun!!!!!Got a saw that needs some run time!!!!!:redneck: