• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wanna Burn Facebook down

L

lowbudgetjunk

I have been on Facebook since inception when it was called thefacebook and you had 5 requests that had to have an edu email. Whelp, I didn't like it then and it is more stalkerish now and taking over real life communication and interaction. in 2011, I started monetizing on this social media scam and have been ok with it until December 17th. Someone reported my page as a business and FB is shutting it down unless I show one of 3 forms of ID.

I am hoping my work facebook will continue to flourish and the like page will floursih. God, I feel old. Seriously hate that this is even being talked about.

Sounds like what they are doing is good. What if someone created a page to look like you, but just stir ****. I could hurt you in business. Then, you would be pissed Facebook is doing nothing to protect you.

I have family and some very good friends that are spread out around the US so its a good medium to keep in touch with them easier, see pics of them and their kids sports/events and whatnot. But other than that, every other post being someone's opinion and political stance these days about has me ready to shut that **** down.

Sounds like what they are doing is good. What if someone created a page to look like you, but just stir ****. I could hurt you in business. Then, you would be pissed Facebook is doing nothing to protect you.

Correct. I just wish it would all go away. It is a useful tool, but at the same time it causes productivity at work to go down.

Now, for my workers to have access to my "like" page, they will have to have access to my personal page. I am not sure if I really want that to happen.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Deactivating our Facebook pages was one of the best decisions my wife and I have made.

We have been off for going on 3 years now and the number of times that we have missed it is zero.

There is no reason or explanation that anyone could give that would make me sign back on at this point. If the only way for me to see or learn something is through FB, then I really didn't need it in my life.

Re:

I unliked every page that wasn't a product or company I actively support and got rid of all news companies. I find the level of ignorance and lack of civility on FB to be appaling. Too many people are angry for the wrong reasons.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I HIGHLY recommend not having a FB account at all. FB is regularly monitored by "security" groups and a file is kept on record of EVERY posting from EVERY account. In fact, each account is profiled and saved in a database.

For those that don't believe me, research how many people have been arrested, caught, or terminated from their job due to their postings on FB.

There's nothing private about any Internet social media group, including HL.

"Bobby boucher thats facebooks for the devil "
91aff0945d18912187b60bbf3287bfe5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPINAZ said:
I HIGHLY recommend not having a FB account at all. FB is regularly monitored by "security" groups and a file is kept on record of EVERY posting from EVERY account. In fact, each account is profiled and saved in a database.

For those that don't believe me, research how many people have been arrested, caught, or terminated from their job due to their postings on FB.

There's nothing private about any Internet social media group, including HL.

So don't publish anything that could get you arrested, caught, or fired maybe?

**Below statement not directed at anyone specifically, just my opinion from regular observations"

Social networking is not hard unless you severely lack common sense. If it's not for you, that's ok too...but I can't stand to hear people gripe about facebook that are on it everyday. Nobody makes you sign up, sign in, or look at anything on it. Don't like what someone is posting, delete them. Don't like a page that keeps popping up, unlike it. There's ALLLL these options there at your disposal, use them and quit making dumbass posts bitching about what pisses you off. (I feel like Amiri King here)

There's really nothing to gripe about when you are given a free service that allows you to easily stay in touch with those that you aren't able to see in person as much as you used to or would like to.....yet everybody likes to be "cool" and hate Facebook, when each and every single one of you that hate on it, log in everyday and use this very forum in the EXACT same manner one uses Facebook. Doesn't make any sense to me. If you can't handle a Facebook account, maybe the problem isn't Facebook?

JohnG said:

And I certainly agree with this. 100%

TacomaJD said:
So don't publish anything that could get you arrested, caught, or fired maybe?

**Below statement not directed at anyone specifically, just my opinion from regular observations"

Social networking is not hard unless you severely lack common sense. If it's not for you, that's ok too...but I can't stand to hear people gripe about facebook that are on it everyday. Nobody makes you sign up, sign in, or look at anything on it. Don't like what someone is posting, delete them. Don't like a page that keeps popping up, unlike it. There's ALLLL these options there at your disposal, use them and quit making dumbass posts bitching about what pisses you off. (I feel like Amiri King here)

There's really nothing to gripe about when you are given a free service that allows you to easily stay in touch with those that you aren't able to see in person as much as you used to or would like to.....yet everybody likes to be "cool" and hate Facebook, when each and every single one of you that hate on it, log in everyday and use this very forum in the EXACT same manner one uses Facebook. Doesn't make any sense to me. If you can't handle a Facebook account, maybe the problem isn't Facebook?

You're right, but there's way more dumbasses in this world than there are smart people. Hell, there's idiots that actually post pictures of themselves committing crimes, make threats, and all kinds of stuff. Oh, and what about the dumb chick that bragged about getting high before going to work? She must have forgotten all about the company's reoccurring background check.......she was fired.

Facebook....
Do I, and my wife, have a Facebook account? = Yes
Can it be a waste of time? = Yes
Is it nice to keep up with friends and family? = Yes
Is it annoying sometimes? =Yes
Are there drama queens? =Yes
Has our Facebook business page helped grow our business? =Yes

Is it how you perceive and use your Facebook page? =ABSOLUTELY YES!!!

johneddie said:
Facebook....
Do I, and my wife, have a Facebook account? = Yes
Can it be a waste of time? = Yes
Is it nice to keep up with friends and family? = Yes
Is it annoying sometimes? =Yes
Are there drama queens? =Yes
Has our Facebook business page helped grow our business? =Yes

Is it how you perceive and use your Facebook page? =ABSOLUTELY YES!!!

Eddie just posts pics of his buggy over and over with the caption "Rolling out to ______ tomorrow morning!" and pics looking across his tractor hood and his uber-massive yard, having me thinking about breaking into the closets and blinds business.

JohnG said:

This ^^

5BrothersFabrication said:
Eddie just posts pics of his buggy over and over with the caption "Rolling out to ______ tomorrow morning!" and pics looking across his tractor hood and his uber-massive yard, having me thinking about breaking into the closets and blinds business.
Hahaha!! I post pics of cold beer sometimes! :drinkers:
Ain't been much riding this year :****: ,so I figure I better snap a pic when I can. :driving: ...it's all for you Mike! ;D :flipper:

Latest posts