• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Warn Hubs

GaryTJ

Playing on Little Sluice, I blew both ft hubs into like 27 pieces each.

Are there any stronger hubs out there? Warn seems to be making thier stuff cheaper lately.

Yes, I need hubs. Last week I put over 300 miles on the Jeep for about 55 miles of trail.

Go drive flanges.

Then you can break your u-joints.

PS. What's your application. External hubs -v- Internal hubs. Dana 25/27/30/44/60/toy?

Dana 44 internal hubs.

The u-joints won't break. They are Bobby Long 300m in Warn axles. The Warn axles will break first. ( I know from experience)

CrustyJeep said:
Time for a 60 :flipoff:

If i were to start over it would be a 609, not a 60. It would have to be all custom anyway, as I have to keep the total track width to a max of 76"

Factory 60 housings have their place, just not in my Jeep.

besides, I am fairly happy with the 44 overall. I abuse it, I admit, but it does pretty good for what I do.

Tom Leblanc (Captain America) ran Warn Premiums for a while and was breaking them, switched to Superwinch and didn't break anymore. That was a long time ago, but prompted me to build my 44 with Superwinch and they've held up fine so far.

We had super winch hubs on our old 30... I was impressed with the quality, and I too have heard they're stronger than warn hubs. They're definately better made, and quarter turn is nice too :D

GaryTJ said:
Playing on Little Sluice, I blew both ft hubs into like 27 pieces each.

Are there any stronger hubs out there? Warn seems to be making thier stuff cheaper lately.

Yes, I need hubs. Last week I put over 300 miles on the Jeep for about 55 miles of trail.

Ya--throw that 19 spline stuff away and get some 35 spline stuff :D

crash said:
Ya--throw that 19 spline stuff away and get some 35 spline stuff :D

Tell us o'Crashy one, what application of a Dana 44 has 35 splined shafts?

And depending on your external spline count, you can buy (from Warn or elsewise) a internal drive flange. IT WON'T BREAK. Period.

T

TreeClimber said:
Tell us o'Crashy one, what application of a Dana 44 has 35 splined shafts?

And depending on your external spline count, you can buy (from Warn or elsewise) a internal drive flange. IT WON'T BREAK. Period.

T

You missed my sarcasm (what has 35 spline :D )

I too have heard that the Superwinch hubs are the strongest. I never thought I would ever reccomend anything other than Warn , oh what a sad day ;(. Don't buy into the Mile marker claim however their hubs are junk.