• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Washers+thicker metal

It allows the head of the bolt to draw up smooth and flush to achieve an accurate/proper torque spec.

spreads the load and washers help keep the bolt head from scratching up finished surface's. also harder to pull through a big washer than a small bolt head.

I have found washers are chepaer than lots of different bolt lengths.

Just use one real long bolt for EVERYTHING and then just stack the inexpensive washers up till its tight again.

Plus ya might need to steal a few and use them somewhere else some day.

My ol lady uses a washer to clean out my drawers too.

I have found washers are chepaer than lots of different bolt lengths.

Just use one real long bolt for EVERYTHING and then just stack the inexpensive washers up till its tight again.

Plus ya might need to steal a few and use them somewhere else some day.

My ol lady uses a washer to clean out my drawers too.

:011: :haha::haha:

It might also be noted that there is an inside and an outside to most typical washers also.

They are punched out of sheets, so the edge you can feel the little tiny lip on is supposed to go towards the clamped material. Leaving the rounded edge facing out.

It might also be noted that there is an inside and an outside to most typical washers also.

They are punched out of sheets, so the edge you can feel the little tiny lip on is supposed to go towards the clamped material. Leaving the rounded edge facing out.

I'm perfectionist I do that anyways lol.

Hmmm, I always did that so they don't catch the rocks...Nice rounded edge vs. sharp edge...:redneck:

My dad worked at Todd shipyard, and I know what you are talking about, although he told me that at the shipyard in San Francisco, he noticed that some of them went both ways.:eeek: