• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Washington State Vehicle License Fee Bill SB6900

confusedYJTJ

http://www.washingtonvotes.org/2008-SB-6900

Washington State Vehicle License Fee Bill SB6900
Not a Joke!

It is for real. You will hear more about it in the media the closer we get to it's February hearing date.

By Senators Tom, Kohl-Welles, Pridemore, Keiser, and Kline

Vehicle License Fee Bill SB6900

There is a bill that the Washington State Legislature is trying to pass in Olympia that, if successful, will directly add huge costs to our vehicle license fees. Everyone needs to know about so this situation so that you can contact your representatives and voice your objection.

The bill is SB 6900 and it adds an "engine displacement and CO2 emissions" fee to the vehicle license tabs upon renewal.

The fee has a varied amount depending on the size of the vehicle's engine:

Engine Size (liters) Rate Schedule

Up to 1.9 $ 0
2.0 - 2.9 $70
3.0 - 3.9 $225
4.0 - 4.9 $275
5.0 - 5.9 $325
6.0 - 7.9 $400
8.0 or over $600

For each car & truck that you own, calculate the rate by matching the engine size in liters to the dollar amount. Add the amounts for each vehicle and you'll see that the average two car family will be paying $500+ every year in "displacement fees" on top of the normal license fees. If you have three vehicles, you'll be paying even more.

The average family is already struggling with the high cost of gasoline, electricity, food and everything else, and our lawmakers want us to pay more, thinking we have unlimited deep pockets. This will do great damage to the budgets of retirees on fixed incomes as well.

Now is the time to be very vocal against this bill.

I have contacted all of our representatives, and I would encourage everyone reading this to do the same.

Here's the web page for the bill where you can read the text:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=6900&year=2007

Here's the link for contacting your representatives:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/Default.aspx

If we don't threaten mass rebellion over this, they'll pass this bill and we'll be paying huge fees every year on top of their increase in the gas tax. They have to know that we won't stand for any more taxes or increase in licensing fees.

I've told my representatives that I will actively work to see that any lawmaker that supports this bill is replaced at election time.

Please contact your legislators, then copy the text of this email, and forward it to as many people as possible that you know in Washington State, and encourage them to contact their representatives and strongly voice their objection to this bill

PASS THIS ON!

this would also have to come with vehicle inspections.
theres TONS of engine swaps out there. they wouldnt want us getting away with paying less....

Luckily the largest engine my family has is a 2.4L 22r/22re and we live in unincorperated Fall City. But that sucks, it would still add another 210$ to our yearly tabs.

Which reminds me, I need to go renew my tabs, they expired in january... :mad:

Didn't they try this a couple years ago?

Big pile of BS to me. But there are enough "feel good" legislature out there that could sneak this though.

I would be more favor of a millage tax over an engine size tax. Since that would be a much more accurate gauge of "pollution"..... but for all we know that's the idea. Propose this radical BS, then the other BS looks more favorable....

:rolleyes:
________
Fix ps3

Last edited:
Didn't they try this a couple years ago?

Big pile of BS to me. But there are enough "feel good" legislature out there that could sneak this though.

I would be more favor of a millage tax over an engine size tax. Since that would be a much more accurate gauge of "pollution"..... but for all we know that's the idea. Propose this radical BS, then the other BS looks more favorable....

:rolleyes:

They did try this a couple years ago amd they are trying AGAIN. Its never ending.

Its my favorite way of proving that global warming is bull, its just another money scam.

brutal if it actually happens. but is not likely.

my 360 would cost me $325..... more than a 1/3 of what i paid for my truck.

edit: Just posted this on a few more forums.

we need to beat this down folks.

Last edited:
This is so stupid, the assumption is large engines pollute/damage roads/use more resources? We already have gas tax, so consumption is taxed proportionately and fairly IMO. Mileage tax sounds good, but it varies too much, better to stay with gas tax. I have an 8.0 liter, and it gets 30-40% better mileage than similar pickup with 5.9 liter engines. The combination of gearing and power available produce the specific fuel consumption, its not just about size.

They did try this a couple years ago amd they are trying AGAIN. Its never ending.

Its my favorite way of proving that global warming is bull, its just another money scam.

Where did you find that they are trying it again? The link was from the 2008 attempt and the bill didn't make it very far that time.

This was a 2008 bill that never made it out of committee.

as of now it has not been reintroduced according to legislative search

No wonder the internet is so much fun. Some people are always 2 years behind...

This was a 2008 bill that never made it out of committee.

as of now it has not been reintroduced according to legislative search

No wonder the internet is so much fun. Some people are always 2 years behind...

my bad, I was e-mailed this info the other day as if it were fresh news, I panicked. lol