• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Washingtons most challenging trail?

Everything I have ever heard says rim rock is the hardest but I have never been there.

Rimrock has some steep loose climbs and some off camber. Fun but really no challenge to speak of.
I guess the question just depends on what you would call a challenge.

The question is totaly loaded. These types of questions need to be asked based on a rigs capabilites and calssified as such...

rimrock area has tons of trails and great camping.if liberty is wet you'll be pulling cable no matter what your driving.kinda boring if dry but also has decent camping.

rimrock is not much of a challenge in a buggy, but still fun. did some of the harder trails in a TJ locked on 33's and it was scary as hell. like binder said, all depends on what you call a challenge or what your driving

Camping at rimrock or liberty,,, Can you have campfires?? I thought I read somewhere no fires...

Camping at rimrock or liberty,,, Can you have campfires?? I thought I read somewhere no fires...

There are fire restrictions at Naches and Rimrock in the dry months. Remember things dry out over here unlike your rainforest. :redneck:

As far as big dumb rigs like mine at Rimrock it is still a challenge just trying to make it through without tearing things up. Buggies are a different story, they just flat take the fun out of it.

There are fire restrictions at Naches and Rimrock in the dry months. Remember things dry out over here unlike your rainforest. :redneck:

As far as big dumb rigs like mine at Rimrock it is still a challenge just trying to make it through without tearing things up. Buggies are a different story, they just flat take the fun out of it.

Rimrock in a standerd jeep is fun and in a fullsize would be fun as well. Once you start talkin about buggies and well built truggies then you really just need to go to Moab or Cali. Thats one reason I would hold off on biulding a buggie

Rimrock in a standerd jeep is fun and in a fullsize would be fun as well. Once you start talkin about buggies and well built truggies then you really just need to go to Moab or Cali. Thats one reason I would hold off on biulding a buggie

No that just sounds like a good excuse to have more than one wheeler.:awesomework:

Rimrock is not a place for full size rigs. In some places you'd need a chainsaw to pass if you're that wide.

Last edited:
Fullsize axles are a completely different animal than a fullsize body. There are a couple trails at Rimrock that a fullsize can do but thats it, the vast majority of the trails won't let a fullsize more than about 50' into them.

My buggy is 84'' buldge 2 buldge will it fit?

Sure it'll be real tight in a lot of places but you can work the axles through pretty easily. I'm about 92" wide and there are trails I just flat won't do so I don't risk damaging the tree's. There are some trails that I'll run again now that I can do front digs. :D

Once you start talkin about buggies and well built truggies then you really just need to go to Moab or Cali. Thats one reason I would hold off on biulding a buggie

Not to single out NotSoPC but this is a attitude I don't agree with. Many people assume that if you build a buggy things will no longer be challenging and therefore be no fun. Both assumtions are wrong. 99% of wheelers could build a top of the line machine and it will be several years if ever before you get full potential out of the rig.
Also why does things need to be challenging to be fun? Do you only wheel challenging trails now? Why would that be different after building a buggy?
Just saying.:beer:

Not to single out NotSoPC but this is a attitude I don't agree with. Many people assume that if you build a buggy things will no longer be challenging and therefore be no fun. Both assumtions are wrong. 99% of wheelers could build a top of the line machine and it will be several years if ever before you get full potential out of the rig.
Also why does things need to be challenging to be fun? Do you only wheel challenging trails now? Why would that be different after building a buggy?
Just saying.:beer:

Well said :cool: