• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Washingtons most challenging trail?

I followed Dirk in his cj, Porter in the (then) green machine, another yota that I can't recall the owner of and Robin in the sausage through pucker one time. Yes I will say for a fact that the buggies made it look easy.

No it isn't the hardest trail system in the world but a rig built specifically to be the ultimate in offroad prowess does it's job just like it is supposed to and you know it.

That doesn't answer my question. I asked "how do you know?". Key word being "you" as in NotsoPC....

so over 100 post on this and its still about buggys make everything easy???? neat stuff....

Not to single out NotSoPC but this is a attitude I don't agree with. Many people assume that if you build a buggy things will no longer be challenging and therefore be no fun. Both assumtions are wrong. 99% of wheelers could build a top of the line machine and it will be several years if ever before you get full potential out of the rig.
Also why does things need to be challenging to be fun? Do you only wheel challenging trails now? Why would that be different after building a buggy?
Just saying.:beer:

not to mention the fun you have building and getting a rig to work right

That doesn't answer my question. I asked "how do you know?". Key word being "you" as in NotsoPC....

Have been in a buggie and got the chance to drive it for a bit on some private land just outside of White Rock BC. It was my uncles rig and I was in my old XJ and all the stuff I had a hard time with (and the others up there as well) he just ran up and over.

Have been in a buggie and got the chance to drive it for a bit on some private land just outside of White Rock BC. It was my uncles rig and I was in my old XJ and all the stuff I had a hard time with (and the others up there as well) he just ran up and over.

I would argue that it was not the buggy that made the line to easy but your under prepared xj that made it overly difficult.

I'm with NotSoPC.....my buggy has made everything too easy and I don't have fun in it. Now I have a full bodied Toyota with leafs, a gay 4cyl and crappy 5 speed and am loving life. Who needs a reliable, powerful, 4WS, fun buggy on stickies.:rolleyes:

I saw the light......and it is good.

And for the record, BC Canada officially has the best challenging trails.....hands down:;

I'm with NotSoPC.....my buggy has made everything too easy and I don't have fun in it. Now I have a full bodied Toyota with leafs, a gay 4cyl and crappy 5 speed and am loving life. Who needs a reliable, powerful, 4WS, fun buggy on stickies.:rolleyes:

So taking what you've said, the way I see it it's not a matter of if a buggy makes things too easy it's a matter of what's fun to you. If a person can't have fun without always being challenged then maybe they shouldn't limit their horizons.:beer:

IMO anybody who says a well built rig doesn't make things easy or as challenging is lying to themselfs..

My rig isn't evan a buggy and it makes things far less challenging. Heck I can put my son into the drivers seat and be able to do things that back in the day my toyota with me driving it couldn't do.

IMO anybody who says a well built rig doesn't make things easy or as challenging is lying to themselfs..

I don't 100% agree with this. Are you saying a well built rig makes everything easy? Less challenging yes, easy not always. You also have to look at it the other way. A well built rig makes it possible to be challenged and have fun on things that a few years ago wouldn't even be possible and nobody would run it.

I don't 100% agree with this. Are you saying a well built rig makes everything easy? Less challenging yes, easy not always. You also have to look at it the other way. A well built rig makes it possible to be challenged and have fun on things that a few years ago wouldn't even be possible and nobody would run it.

This is true but alot of the stuff I run and come across in the trail is not the kinda thing you have to have a buggie for. If I were in Cali or another place alike then I would be all over a buggie cause there is more area to use one, but around here it is too much for most any trail. Getting a rig that is not as set up passed the same spot as a rig twice what you got is a big part of why I got into wheeling and a big part of why I still do it. :beer:

Ooo, ooo, ooo I love this argument of buggies vs. everything else! Now, first off you are stepping away from the fight changing to "well built rig" that can mean a Toyota on 60's with alloy shafts on 35" tires and other bits to make it unlikely to break.... or a buggy.... or whatever else meets the definition of "well built rig." Now, back to our previously scheduled argument. :) Washington=not alot of challenge to a buggy, not to say there are not places to test the limits of a buggy just not alot. I prefer to hit the trail in something capable, and stout, but not so over the top that every obstacle is going to be a non-issue. And, I wanna be able to explore, and unloading the trailer queen to run up a trail that might only be 100 yards long is not a fun way to explore little back woods trails to me. I had more fun in my leaf sprung toyota on 36's then my linked and c/o'd buggy on 42's. Because I could drive down the road, and because I still had to make good driving decisions to make some obstacles without destroying my junk. Buggy=MOSTLY (not all of course) point and shoot. And, needing to look outside the trail for "hard" lines leads to more damage, wider trails, and more ammo for the "greenies"! I really enjoyed my buggy, but, in the end really I need two rigs, and since I can't manage the upkeep of one, I decided I would rather have a capable street-legal wheeler then a trailer queen.

Now, enough of the hijacking, for me, my favorite is after rain at rimrock in my street legal wheeler!

This is the gayest **** i have read in a long time. who the **** cares what one wheeles wether irs a sammy on 33 or a tj with 35 or a linked toy on 40 or a buggy. we are all out doing something we all love. who the **** care. this **** needs to go back to a highschool cheer squad whitch is full of drama like most here. get back on top!

This is the gayest **** i have read in a long time. who the **** cares what one wheeles wether irs a sammy on 33 or a tj with 35 or a linked toy on 40 or a buggy. we are all out doing something we all love. who the **** care. this **** needs to go back to a highschool cheer squad whitch is full of drama like most here. get back on top!

Yup.:awesomework:

Its all about having fun, but buggies are everyones dream. Realistically Streetable rigs are the way to go. Besides I still love to see NOTsoPC in his Sami..LMAO.

BTW Ill be home from Iraq in August. Need to get TJ ready when i get back.

Its all about having fun, but buggies are everyones dream. Realistically Streetable rigs are the way to go. Besides I still love to see NOTsoPC in his Sami..LMAO.

BTW Ill be home from Iraq in August. Need to get TJ ready when i get back.

I do look kinda funny in that thing:haha: It will be good to see you again and this time you will get to hold Kolton :awesomework: