• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

weber carbs?

oldbeercans

so im running a 22re motor in my toy and im wondering what weber to run. i have two to choose from. as far as i know the motor is stock. i bought a brand new 38mm weber and was running it on my 22r. it had a cam and im pretty sure that was it. i also have a smaller weber that came with some other parts. it looks pretty new(clean and shinny). im not sure what size it is and would like to find out. is there any way to identify what size it is (32/34 or another size). second, im wondering if my 38mm is to much carb for a stock 22re? what are you guys running and any problems? also how do i tune it so it doesn't flood at inverted angles. something about setting float levels at a 1/4" blah blah. i have a friend that is running a 22re but wants to get rid of the injection due to problems with multiple computers. what one should i get rid of and why? my 38mm seamed to work well but i want to know what every one else is running too. should i get a fuel press. regulater, i heard that that helps to? which one should i get and where do i get it? what would be a fare price to sell the carb and intake for?thanks and looking forward to responses.:beer: :redneck:

Webers are Faucking garbage.

If you are going to re-carb it get a Holley/Motorcraft series 5200. They are the Weber but modified by Holley and Motorcraft to run on pinto and mustang II engines. The real Webers are for 1600cc fast reving engines. I have a 5200 on my Toy and it works way better then the weber did. You will still run into to much angle issues. I closed off the bowl vents and lowered the float a couple mm. Using the pressure regulator works pretty good, but will starve the rig at high RPM. Best bet is to place the regulator in the cab so you can adjust it on the fly.

I personally never had any problems with my weber DGAV 32/36, just the seasonal change affecting the choke and idle. But another option is the Downey Offroad kit. It comes with manifold, holley carb, and everything needed to swap over.

webers are the ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had my truck on its side and it still ran!!!! the main difference between webers is one style is progressive ( the primary opens, then at half throttle the secondary opens) and one is direct ( both butterflys open at the same time) the direct is better throttle responce and low end torque. the progressive is better on road manners and economy but all in all not not a " night and day" difference between the two. I am running a 32-36 dgev and my truck hauls ass!!

i run a 38/38 weber on an offenhauser intake on my 22r and even with 4.10's and 36's can still get to 60 or 70 pretty quick. if i had to choose between EFI or carb i would go with EFI. there was a forum where a guy would mod a weber for offroad use. talk to mike (crash) about raising the float bowl breather and re-jetting to make them better.

and yes on the pressure regulator. i run a jegs that ranges from 8 pounds to 1/2 a pound. just make sure you install it between the pump and the carb inlet, not between the tank and pump. i run 1/2 a pound wheeling and between 2lbs and 4lbs on the road.