• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota weber carb tricks?

86sasRunner

:stirpot: :beer: I heard of some tricks on helping a weber run on step hills? somthing about drilling out and pluging anther???? can anyone help me? I have tryed adjusting the float and stuff like that.

Just run a hose off the breather to the outside of the carb so it doesn't flow into the bowl while going up hill.

You need to be careful with venting the bowl. Some carbs need to have a small amount of vaccum or it will build pressure and flood. Might try to clamp a hose off the vent tube and coil it once inside the filter housing. I think the pirate4x4 forum has a tech article on that.

I heard rotating the carb 180 degrees on the intake does something worthy. Also running a fuel regulator is something ive seen around as well.

I pulled the carb off and smashed it with a 5lb sledge. Put a re in there and haven't looked back since....

But if you lower the float bowl, vent the carb and put a regulater on there it'll go a looong way towards being reliable.

I played around with the weber on my pinto motor for a while i could get it to run good on climbs but run like **** on desents.Would just have to let it bump start its self as you went down.Finally switched to the propane and love it. the weber was capable of making more power but the motor ran so much better on the pane.
Theres a cool aditive called cj+4 you can put in the pane before you fill it that lubes the valves and top of the rings.When you switch if you can bump compression on the motor they love it.Im runnin 13 to 1 in my motor with no detonation issues.

Ya know for a toy Carrie at got propane is just a super cool dude and knows these rigs well.But he only sells kits and there not exactley cheap but you would always have some one informative to fall back on for problems and advice.
The alternative is Roy at propane guy.com hes in b.c. he sells used equipment mostley impco.He act like he knows what hes talking about but personally i think hes a dumbass.He originally set me up with way to big of mixer.You want to stay on the small side on the mixers for what we do.This gives you a nice snapping throttle and good starting.i would recomend and impco 125 for youre toy .I dont remember the # for the convertor if you want to know shoot me a p.m.I se up my used system with new tank and new kevlar hoses for about $500.00.