• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

weber carbs

Chevyjoe

wonderin whats the correct/best off road weber carb to get for a 22r as ive seen weber 32/36's, weber 38/38's, and so on. what do those numbers mean anyways? thanks

- not sure if this question belongs in the 4x4 talk or tech section so if its in the wrong section let me know, thanks again

i run a weber 38 runs great, the 38 is a little larger than stock, the cheap filter you get with them are junk, i converted my to a round filter.

i agree with BOOSTED stock aisin is the way to go.but if you must have a weber i suggest the 32/36. ive run a weber 32/36 and a weber 38, ive since gone back to stock

If you've got a stock carb that's rebuildable. Webers work great on a 2wd, but they don't like angles. I got luck and got one of the good ones that seems to do okay with angles without doing too much fiddling with it but it still could be better. The 32/36 will net you a little better economy on the road though, and it's a lot cleaner under the hood without emissions and vac. lines running everywhere. Also, Weber themselves are out of business, any parts you buy now are reproductions of varied quality. Some of the stuff I've bought was as good as original, and some of it's been junk.

stock stock stock if you need a realy good carb guy for the rebuild try steve at carbs unlimted down in kent he's good and verry resonable in price good luck:D

Joe I'll ask dobby what he has done to his carb (stock) webers are **** offroad.

the rig is going to be only offroad and i dont want to mess with an efi swap so sounds like stock is the way to go. toyota dealer the only place to get a rebuild kit or parts stores (napa, autozone, etc) work?