• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Weld on beadlock kit suggestions?

Tlh89

Looking to buy a weld on beadlock kit for 17" wheels. Anyone have any suggestions?

Tlh89 said:
Looking to buy a weld on beadlock kit for 17" wheels. Anyone have any suggestions?

Total Metal innovations. They are reasonably priced, have an anti-coning setup, and seem to be good quality. I haven't bought their beadlocks, but have a set of their rock rings.

BLGXJ said:
Total Metal innovations. They are reasonably priced, have an anti-coning setup, and seem to be good quality. I haven't bought their beadlocks, but have a set of their rock rings.

X2 on Total Metal innovations. Ran there diy kit on my first rig. Quality was top notch would buy them again in a heart beat.

Another one for TMI. I always heard about leaking beadlocks... I've made 2 sets of TMI's and never had a tire leak down.

I'm running tmi and they're a good product but took me about a month to get em, so order ahead of time, and DO NOT buy the bolt protectors. Worthless as man *****, first trip out they bent and can't get socket on bolt head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

AdamF on here is making and selling weld on 17" beadlocks that have anti coning tabs and they're very reasonably priced. Theweldshop4x.com

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

whatever you decide to go with, get anti coning rings

then once you set them up, tack them in place

this will save you tons of headache down the road

smbroady82 said:
whatever you decide to go with, get anti coning rings

then once you set them up, tack them in place

this will save you tons of headache down the road

I just got XRR to get me some rings made. they were super fast turnaround and cheap! I would be interested in buying a anti coning ring kit if someone sells one. otherwise I'll definitely be making some of my own

:fish:

Attachments

• 20170308_131121.jpg
    20170308_131121.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
I've done a couple sets from TMI with no complaints. Get your own hardware, I think there 3/8 x1 3/4 bolts and use serated lock nuts instead of poly locks and you can tighten them with a 3/8 impact and hold the nut with your figures.

jeeptj99 said:
Maybe a dumb question but how do you bend the tabs up and make sure they line up so that they don't cone out?
They bend up 90 degrees and line up with the edge of the inner ring. I am working on a step by step how to now.

AdamF said:
They bend up 90 degrees and line up with the edge of the inner ring. I am working on a step by step how to now.

so you weld them on first then bend? It's a different idea I like it.

I tried to post pictures but my phone doesn't agree with hardline. You line up and tack the peices together using the outer ring as a guide. Then tack the inner ring to the wheel , bend up the gussett tabs with an adjustable wrench, weld the tabs and seams, then weld around the ring. Making the inners in sections takes less material and lets me have lower prices.

AdamF said:
I tried to post pictures but my phone doesn't agree with hardline. You line up and tack the peices together using the outer ring as a guide. Then tack the inner ring to the wheel , bend up the gussett tabs with an adjustable wrench, weld the tabs and seams, then weld around the ring. Making the inners in sections takes less material and lets me have lower prices.

I figured that it helped on cost by not cutting two giant rings and having a 14-15" circle of drop. Rocksolid designs his gussets and stuff on the insides of the rings when he gets his cut. That's a killer idea. Might have to try a set once I figure out what tire/wheel combo I'm going to end up with.