• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Well I'll be dammed. Another ford qeustion! Serious **** .com here

kushKrawlin

Ok. First., I know fords suck. BUt this is an old best bud, that works with me everyday.. He's the reason my business is as good as it is. So I try to do everything I can for him.. Wish I could do a lot more.. But anyways. Here's the details.
actually here's our text.. I think it explains it all. He's about to set it on fire. :****: I told him "my last resort is to start a thread on hardline.. Smartest bunch of fukers I have ever seen, someone will have a answer I promise." So here we are. 5.4L ford. Actin up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 108
Sounds like ignition problems! plugs, wires , or coil packs not sure what it has but that's where I would start maybe fuel filter!

Coil, broken spark plug, that many miles check Egr system. ( if he didn't clean intake when he did head gasket)
I replaced a timing chain on a 5.4 with 200000 miles and it was dirty as hell from Egr.

Re: Well I'll be dammed. Another ford qeustion! Serious **** .com here

Coil boots and coils go bad a lot on those water and **** get down there tell him to pull the coils out and check the boots for moister if so dry them out clean real good blow out the hole and should run good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy all 8 coils and plugs or chase the demon for days. Also make sure the heater hose pass side is no leaking on coils. Or if you have a snapon scanner you can go into mode 53 section 6 and try to identify which cylinder

Well I'll be dammed. Another ford qeustion! Serious **** .com here

Other than coil packs and manifolds rusting off these are actually good motors, the coil boots have a spring with a carbon tip on em that contact the plug to the actual wire, these springs become weak and the tips wear down which can cause intermittent misfires, id change em all, jegs and summit sells a complete accel kit pretty reasonable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bad80cj said:
Buy all 8 coils and plugs or chase the demon for days. Also make sure the heater hose pass side is no leaking on coils. Or if you have a snapon scanner you can go into mode 53 section 6 and try to identify which cylinder
X2, Accel coils for these used to be the cheapest option. It's probably got water in at least one spark plug tube.

If a spark plug blew out, you would know it by how much noise it makes.

It has a bad coil, no doubt. These engines are notorious for it. Very hard to tell which one without a good scanner though. I will have my scanner with me this weekend, actually gonna be in douglasville tomorrow. Pm me I can swing by and look at it. I will try to check back on here tonight.

44BRAND said:
It has a bad coil, no doubt. These engines are notorious for it. Very hard to tell which one without a good scanner though. I will have my scanner with me this weekend, actually gonna be in douglasville tomorrow. Pm me I can swing by and look at it. I will try to check back on here tonight.

Dam that's a hell of a nice offer.

My brother had to replace 1 coil pack and 2 plug boots on his 03 expedition with 5.4. He was getting random misfire til he carried it by a local shop to pin point. Took guy 20mins tops to locate problems.

There are cases where you can find the miss fire rather quickly. Some not so easy. Depends on how hard of a miss it is.