• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Well I'll be dammed. Another ford qeustion! Serious **** .com here

Hey fellas. Sorry I ain't really touched my Fone today , other than to cuss a few folks for blowing it up. Thanks for all the advice. Hey will be home shortly and we are going to check it out. 44 Brand , dude that would be amazing. Although i'm pretty sure that he is leaving early to go out for the day. That sucks balls if he does. I will get with him and report back. Over and out ... Pssshhttt
Thanks again!! :smoke:
rpf500 said:
Sorry, I have no tech help to offer (other than buy a chevy) but I thought SERIOUS ****.com was funny thumb.gif
Hahahah! my dad is always sayin " weird ****.com" or "sick ****.com" etc. :****: haha. Somehow I picked that **** up. Man that's funny.

Thank everyone sooo much. Especially the guy that offered the scanner. But unfortunately I will be gone all day tomorrow. I replaced all the plugs, all rubber boots, springs and 4 outta 8 coils($50/per) a couple months ago when I replaced the head gasket, timing chain tensioners, guides, and water pump.(ran out of $). I will go back and check those plugs and coils. Thanks again everyone. This P1309 code is driving me crazy. Thanks again

Re: Well I'll be dammed. Another ford qeustion! Serious **** .com here

20x on the coil pack father Inlaw was doing the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't rule out those 4 newer coils as not having something to do with it. I have replaced several coils lately that were new a few months ago, some having less than 5-6k miles on them.

TheViking said:
Could be cam phasers as well if it's a three valve engine. As Viking said the cam phasers will cause some crazy **** to go on with a 5.4 three valve motor

I vote Coil Packs. Mine was doing same thing, started 3 years ago every 2-3 months it would stutter then became more frequent(read every time I drove it the last year), replaced all 8 coil packs in July and been running like new since.

Ive had the same issue along with a ticking racket a couple times with my 5.4 and first time i took it to ford(since they break off) and had 8 plugs put in and one bad coil pack....ran fine for couple months and developed the a tic tic tic sound like it had when i took it in. It would not throw a code it was so minor the next time it "acted" up. I drove it for about 8 months just guessing. Then one day it got so bad i barely got out of street and the engine light came on so i hit the diagnostic button on the programmer and it told me what cylinder had the misfire. I get home and pull the coil pack and boot and proceed to take plug out and it was loose....like almost 2-3 rounds from blowing out. Thought dang how many more are like that and did FORD even tighten them down all the way. I cant remember if it was the one or the next time I had an issue but one time the plug was missing the whole damn end of it.

coil or plug for sure.

also if you have the common tic tic tic sound in my case it has been related to bad plugs or loose plugs.

5.4 3valve motors suck in my opinion. I do lots and lots of timing chains, and cam phaser deletes on these motors. The fawking plugs are prone to breaking off when pulling them out. I have almost worn out my extraction tool. Thank god for life time tools from snapon. A good trick to help getting them out with out them breaking is get the motor hot and hit them with a half inch impact. Swivel sockets for the win.

I got that code when a lifter went bad in mine had a miss bucking jerking couldn't figure it out new cams and lifter and she was fine