• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Well what the hell do I do know

Yeah - those cars are the ****. High priced sum bitches though, I would definitely be in the market for one of those if it came around

Bones said:
all hype. People either love or hate em. HIGH repair costs and sketchy reliability is a VW trademark
[/quoted]x2 My friend has one and loves it, but he loves working on it too.

hey jab, gf `s dad has a 94toyo pickup 2wd 5 spd 4 cylinder,. runs good and looks good for around 4000. not sure if ya are interested but i thought i would pass it along

I've got a 96 ford thunderbird I drive 160 miles daily round trip. It's got a V6 and it gets 25-26 MPG. I don't consider that mileage to bad since it is a bigger car, and it is 12 years old. Thunderbirds are cheap to. I think I paid $2,500 for mine 3 years ago, with 86,000 miles. Of course now it has 190,000 ;D

Bones said:
all hype. People either love or hate em. HIGH repair costs and sketchy reliability is a VW trademark

got that right....you are supposed to replace the timing chain after like 100k. took it to the stealership and cost around a grand. had to pull the side of the motor up into the air to get to it. if i had decided to do it woulda had to rent a bunch of vw special pullers/tools.

Lampley said:
I've got a 96 ford thunderbird I drive 160 miles daily round trip. It's got a V6 and it gets 25-26 MPG. I don't consider that mileage to bad since it is a bigger car, and it is 12 years old. Thunderbirds are cheap to. I think I paid $2,500 for mine 3 years ago, with 86,000 miles. Of course now it has 190,000 ;D

Thanks man - think I have found myself a 02 civic 35-38 MPG :afro:

I say get an Dodge Cummings with a 12 valve and run Used Motor Oil. I witnessed it first hand this weekend and it was awesome. Nothing like riding around for almost nothing.

My truck is 99 24 valve cummins with 72K on it and I love that thing, I know they say those motors will run off just about anything as long as it will crank it. Just something about poring used oil through your motor.

It was cool this weekend to see one running used motor oil and the other runnin used fryer oil... Thats cheap way to get around right there !! thumb.gif

Nahh yall, I hear running veggie oil is horrible for your truck. It will blow up if any of it gets in the system. plus, it leaves more for me to use

Trust me I would run the **** out of some french fry oil if I had the hook up at a few restaurants - I have no idea how to go about getting the stuff. I have heard that some restaurants are starting to charge for it now.

I Florence the city is starting to collect used cooking oil from peoples houses - simply put a jug out on the road and they come by and get and then use it in the city trucks.

We walk in, ask for a manager and just tell them whats going on. Sometimes you get turned away, but you will be surprised how many dont give a rip.