• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What battery does a Losi MRC take?

mark

I'm going to meet a guy tomorrow and hopefully score what I think is good deal on a MRC. But he doesn't have a good battery for it.

Naturaly I want to test run it first, so I'll stop by a hobby shop or something and get a quick battery. Do they take anything special? Should just about any shop have one? What do I need to know to make sure I got the right one? Its been a while since I've been into this so I'm a little out of date.

:beer:

First u would want to know what kind of speed control the truck has so u can figure out which type of batteries are compatible (lipo, nimh, nicd) and how much voltage they can handle. I probably wouldn't run more than 7.4 volts cause u will end up breaking stuff. Most people with crawlers run lipos due to size and cost, but they do need to be handled with a little more care than nimh or nicd batteries. Another reason we go with Lipos is because they provide a pretty consistant power throughout the whole cycle of the battery instead of like nimh or.nicd where the power gradually starts to decrease.

I run a castle creations mamba micro pro in my mrc pro comp truck and run gens ace 2s (7.4v) 450mah Lipos , I swap batteries after each comp course so that's why I only run a 450mah. I think I paid like $3.75 each for my Lipos, I just usually buy like 5 at a time cause they r so cheap.

U should be able to get a.battery from ur lhs for less than $20 but it all depends on brand, size, voltage,etc. If u can get the guy to hold onto the crawler for like a week is order some from hobbyking or hobbypartz as u will get them probably much cheaper.

Last edited: