• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What car did you take your license test with?

Sawzall said:
1971 big block Monte Carlo which was my first car. I found it totaled, sitting in a junk yard about 5 years ago a few miles from my house.

Don't that make ya sick! I always wonder where some of my old trucks and cars are at now and the shape they are in. I took excellent care of my vehicles and grew attached to most of them.

grcthird said:
Dad's 85 grand waggy, had plenty of practice driving it around at the hunting club for the 2-3 years prior. My 82 Cherokee fsj wasn't mechanically sound enough to trust driving it anywhere out of the neighborhood then.
kmcminn said:
1979 Jeep Cherokee. 258 th400 quadratrac. 30" tires. This Jeep had the worst exhaust leak ever. Giant exhaust manifold crack. It sounded like the Jetsons going down the road. Year was 2001

That's pretty cool, I learned how to drive around the yard in dad's lap in a FSJ. 1979 Wagoneer, 360, th400, quadrajunk, we still have it sitting in the back yard

The actual car I took the test in was one of those easter egg shaped Ford Taurus (our school's driver's ed. car).

f91fb28762bd57eb4199f9532153135b.jpg

smbroady82 said:
That's pretty cool, I learned how to drive around the yard in dad's lap in a FSJ. 1979 Wagoneer, 360, th400, quadrajunk, we still have it sitting in the back yard

The actual car I took the test in was one of those easter egg shaped Ford Taurus (our school's driver's ed. car).

I drove a 96 Taurus as a company vehicle back then, I thought it looked like a catfish

1995 Mazda 626......1978 Cadillac Sedan DeVille with 19k miles was impossible to parallel park. 1965 Mustang with a 289/C4 was being built. Both got sold to make money.

lowbudgetjunk said:
1995 Mazda 626......1978 Cadillac Sedan DeVille with 19k miles was impossible to parallel park. 1965 Mustang with a 289/C4 was being built. Both got sold to make money.

Damn Kel how many times you fail the test????

1988 Cadillac Eldorado, Champagne with color matched half vinyl top(moms), and me rocking the Joe Dirt mullet and Dwight Yoakam jeans lol

Sawzall said:
1971 big block Monte Carlo which was my first car. I found it totaled, sitting in a junk yard about 5 years ago a few miles from my house.

Just curious Perry, what unique identifier did you see to be able to identify it as your old car. I have no doubt I could identify my first ride if I found it in a junkyard.

I honestly can't even remember what I took mine in.

And what's this new **** about having to drive so many hours with a parent in the vehicle or something before you can get your license now?

99 beige Lumina.

At the time my dad was working in Jackson (hour drive away)which is where the driver testing center was.... Dad was "supposed" to work a half day then come home to get me and take me back to get my license.

Instead he just told me to meet him at the plant on his lunch break and he'd run me out to the driver center, he just swore me to secrecy that I wouldn't tell Mom molaugh .., we waited a good 10 years and still got the "Well something could have happened!" speech :****: