• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what company do people use to ship heavy stuff??

Mcbreezy

Just bought a doubler off here, and were trying to figure out best way to ship it from Kentucky to Oklahoma City? Any suggestions would be great.

Does fastenal deliver? Or are you required to pick up the item from the local shop? Problem is im deployed for another 2 weeks... and i bought it with the idea of having it shipped to a buddies shop. Appreciate the advice! If we cant figure out anything else, ill have him look into it. Thanks!

Fastenal works well. Some stores are more familiar with the system than others it seems like.

I use Pilot Freight Services a lot for my LTL freight for work.

Mcbreezy said:
Does fastenal deliver? Or are you required to pick up the item from the local shop? Problem is im deployed for another 2 weeks... and i bought it with the idea of having it shipped to a buddies shop. Appreciate the advice! If we cant figure out anything else, ill have him look into it. Thanks!

No, but they will hold it at your local store for you, I believe.

I've used Forward Air a few times in the past... I don't remember specifics, but I do remember that I was pretty happy with them and that I'd use them again.

Max I've ever been quoted for Fastenal store to store was for shipping 4 42" TSLs on rims from TN to NH and that was $250. I had a 203/205 doubler shipped from TX to TN for $150 and I shipped a set of 38.5s on H1s from TN to IN for $120. Pretty reasonable prices in my opinion.

R&L is our cheapest. We also use aaa cooper, southeastern, and a few others.

The Luke. Lebanon, TN

Re:

I used fastenal to ship 4-42" iroks and beadlocks today from Georgia to New Jersey it was 584lbs exactly and I paid $200. It was a pain in the ass to setup but I would do it again now that I'm more familiar with how it works.

I shipped an Atlas from Nebraska to Florida for $150 with fastenal. You can set up everything online, then just drop it off. Works pretty slick.

The local store just quoted me $400 bucks to ship 4 BFG and beadlocks from north Alabama 35055 to ohio/kentucky 41075 border just below cincinatti. That sounds high as hell to me

zayne2427 said:
The local store just quoted me $400 bucks to ship 4 BFG and beadlocks from north Alabama 35055 to ohio/kentucky 41075 border just below cincinatti. That sounds high as hell to me

I thought the local stores didn't even give quotes. I've always had to submit a request online and then they email you a quote. That is way high though.

hokie_yj said:
I thought the local stores didn't even give quotes. I've always had to submit a request online and then they email you a quote. That is way high though.

ditto, always had to do quote online