• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do you guys think?

landbruiser1

About the Nylint 1:6 scale the one the sell at walmart. I went to the website Crash was talking about and read alot about them. I use to have a T-Maxx and I spent more time working on it rather than playing with it and ended up selling it for 3 times less than what I paid for it. I just want somthing to do when I am bored with wheelin. Is it worth the money, or just go to the hobby shop and look around? Thanks for all the info you can give me. :D

They are a fun crawler, but in no way close to a comp level rig or close to a hobby grade crawler.
I have 4 of the 1/6th's, a Jeep, a Scorpion, and I have a limited edition Red Scorpion coming this week, in the box and it has not been opened. The red Scorpion will be a self queen and never will be ran. The yellow one I got just to have and I have only run it around the house.

I also bought another Jeep for cheap for parts when I break the Jeep. I have yet to break the Jeep but I also run it stock and don't mess with it.

If you want to get into the crawling scene and have a capable rig without spending a small fortune, you can't beat building a TLT. You can get them for $80 at Ultimate Hobbies on line. Then get a SW2 chassis and a pede tranny and start building. You seem to know were to go for info on a build.

I am going to do a thread on a TLT build up here for others to get the idea of how to go about it right.

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't waiste a dime on Nyjunk. Just save your self the headache and get a TLT. Heck a stock tlt can crawl decent once you add 2.2 tires to it. But lets see you spend $80 at ultimate hobbies for the tlt kit. Then spend $50 for a stampede tranny at Tammies in Portland, Or. Then you can pick up a decent set of used 2.2 tires for around $20-30 and mod your stock chassis for the tranny to have a cheap decent crawler. Yes you will need electronics but if you check the for sale add at RCCrawlerr heck you could even pickup a comp 2.2 for $250 or get the parts cheap there aswell.