• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do you take for lunch?

underoath4177

Pretty random question. I drive around in a bucket truck all night. If i bring microwave stuff i have to go to a gas station to heat it up which isn't really a problem because we have a lot of free time, it's just a pain in the ass. And if i have to eat one more ham sandwich I'm going to go crazy. So what do you guys take to spice things up a bit?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I try my best to take leftovers from supper. Even though it gets old quick it saves me money in the long run. The guys I work with eat out every single day. I don't know how they can spend an up-words of $60 a week on lunches.

bad80cj said:
I try my best to take leftovers from supper. Even though it gets old quick it saves me money in the long run. The guys I work with eat out every single day. I don't know how they can spend an up-words of $60 a week on lunches.

This, my wife is a great cook so I don't mind eating leftovers. Years ago I ate lunch out every day, don't know how I did that.

Does your truck have a inverter? If so, put a microwave in a side box.

If not, get a inverter and put a microwave in a side box.

Re: Re: Re: What do you take for lunch?

85toyo said:
Does your truck have a inverter? If so, put a microwave in a side box.

If not, get a inverter and put a microwave in a side box.
You read my mind! Have done this and/or small toaster oven

Re: Re: What do you take for lunch?

Fruit/Apple sauce, sammich of some kind, whole wheat crackers, water.

Or leftovers.

Tuesdays I go to the corner pub for burger day. $5 burger and fries. And its a damn good burger.

I am right there with you. I spend up to 14 hrs a day in my service truck ,ex cab F-750, often in places not close to a restaurant of any kind. I have an welder/generator on the bed, but I use a 2000 watt inverter to run a small microwave that stays in the ex-cab. I always bring leftovers from dinner for lunch to the point that my wife always cooks extra knowing that. I save a lot of $$ this way, plus it is a bit more healthy.
If you have your own truck or share one with a crew. Pool some cash together for an inverter and microwave. Used microwaves are easy to come by.
Cold ham sandwiches suck for lunch when it is winter.

or
Hotpockets wrapping in alum. foil on the manifolds are not bad at all. May I suggest the Philly Cheesestreak. :dblthumb:

Re: Re: Re: What do you take for lunch?

RustyC said:
Hotpockets wrapping in alum. foil on the manifolds are not bad at all. May I suggest the Philly Cheesestreak. :dblthumb:

The BBQ chicken pretzel hotpockets are legit.

Re:

Some of the trucks have inverters some don't. I'm in the same boat of eating out everyday. I spend way too much on fast food and qt snacks and my moobs (man boobs) are showing that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

bad80cj said:

That's me! I try to bring sandwiches to work about 1 or 2 days a week, but the rest is eating out. I really can't buy groceries and bring my own lunch and eat cheaper than what I already spend. Prolly a lot healthier, but ain't nobody got time fo dat molaugh

Actually eating 2 Krystal Chiks, 2 plain cheese Krystals, and a bowl of chili with cheese and crackers in it at work as we speak :flipoff1:

I work in a factory so most of the time its salads and leftovers.

But in harvest season I farm with my dad and uncle. Cold meals get old pretty quick. Since I haul grain I found a spot on the motor by the fuel pump that holds cans very good. I buy anything with pop top lids and heat them on the motor. It takes a little experimenting to get your heat levels right but small cans can be hot in about 45 minutes if I'm driving under a load. Large cans and heavier foods like chili take about 1 1/2 hour to heat up. You kinda have to factor in idle time where the motor isn't as hot. I will eat meals like this several times a week to break up the sandwiches.

People may think its funny but it works really well and opens up the options for lunch.

Re:

I drive the fire truck to the grocery store. Then my crew and I decide what we want for lunch and dinner and purchase items accordingly to prepare our meals and eat at the station.

When we don't feel like eating in, there are several good sit down restaurants we like to frequent.

Desserts are pretty creative. ;)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk